Med's Done....
July 2017
Passport Req..
Jan 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2018
LANDED..........
July 2018
Hi malican I would use this thread. I think there are many Trinis applying however they arent searching forums or posting on them.
Im under FSW O and received ITA May 17th

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi malican I would use this thread. I think there are many Trinis applying however they arent searching forums or posting on them.
Im under FSW O and received ITA May 17th
Thank you for joining. If you know of anyone please ask them to join as there aren't much details of applicants from POS and experiences with the POS VO. Would love to hear the experiences of others.

Have you submitted your application as yet? And please keep updating us.

amk16

Dec 13, 2015
Hi guys

The Trinidad VO got my passports on May 19, but my application has not yet been updated to show "approved" as yet.

Waiting patiently for closure......I am hoping that it happens this week.

sadeb

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
16-07-2017
I got my PPR!

Hi All,
I was a FSW inland applicant back in July 2015. I hired a lawyer to handle my case but her efforts were futile. I was employed by a biotech company in Canada as a lab tech/chemist August 2013. In Feb/march 2014, the company was acquired by another biotech company. My job DUTIES remained the same but my TITLE changed to Reagent Manufacturing Tech. I continued working under new management until September 2015. The first lawyer suggested to use two different NOC codes to explain the change , which I felt in my gut was off, but I trusted her knowledge and judgment. My application was refused by CIC that same year for mismatched duties and NOC code.
My PGWP was about to expire so I was forced to resign a job I held for two years. I was devastated. I applied for TRV whilst waiting on my EE application decision which was approved but by the time I received it I only had one month of status on it. I reapplied for a TRV to by time whilst I got a new lawyer to fix the mess that was made! That was refused.
I found a lawyer , Mr. Ronald Poulton. He's so patient, extremely thorough, very knowledgeable and kind. He suggested that I get a new employment letter , with company letter head, new letter also referred back to employment letter from my 2015 EE application that citied mismatched NOC and duties, basically apologizing and explaining everything to CIC, that is , the company acquisition, explanation of job title duties etc, signed by my former manager. Additional supporting docs T4's, record of employment etc were also uploaded.
A received my ITA (CRS 478) under CEC Outland ( had to leave Canada since status ran out) , also didn't make sense overstaying, which will affect final decision on my new application. Oh , I also gained a bachelors from a Canadian university in 2012.
I finally received my PPR after an almost 3 year nightmare. Praise Jesus! This forum was very helpful. Do your research if you decide to use a representative! Thanks Mr. Poulton.
AOR 21st feb 2017
PPR
Landed

malican

May 24, 2016
Happy to announce that I am in receipt of my COPR! POS VO was good, took approximately 12 days. The journey was definitely worth it... now of to the second phase.

@ Sadeb - Congratulations!!! From Feb 2017 to PPR... that was reasonable considering all that you went through before. Happy for you! Did your docs have to be processed at POS VO seeing that you left Canada?

Also, is the female lawyer you mentioned Trinidadian or Canadian?

sadeb

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Passed
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2017
LANDED..........
16-07-2017
Happy to announce that I am in receipt of my COPR! POS VO was good, took approximately 12 days. The journey was definitely worth it... now of to the second phase.

@ Sadeb - Congratulations!!! From Feb 2017 to PPR... that was reasonable considering all that you went through before. Happy for you! Did your docs have to be processed at POS VO seeing that you left Canada?

Also, is the female lawyer you mentioned Trinidadian or Canadian?
She's Canadian. My PPR has Ottawa as lvo. I believe it's because my lawyer used his office address for correspondence. But I have to email CIC with the address the provided to let them know I'm outside of Canada. I posted in this Trinidad forum because I'm Trinidad and to let others know anything is possible with Jesus. Some people may have more hurdles to jump through but don't give up. Thanks again.

Reactions: riciamsc

malican

May 24, 2016
She's Canadian. My PPR has Ottawa as lvo. I believe it's because my lawyer used his office address for correspondence. But I have to email CIC with the address the provided to let them know I'm outside of Canada. I posted in this Trinidad forum because I'm Trinidad and to let others know anything is possible with Jesus. Some people may have more hurdles to jump through but don't give up. Thanks again.
It certainly is... so happy for you. Interesting did you send your passport to POS or Ottawa then?

Also I know of a similar instant with an immigration lawyer... but this is a Trinidadian Canadian lady (it's not the same lady right?!?). So there are definitely alot of immigration consultants/lawyers out there for their own benefit. People just need to be very very cautious!

Jamaicangirl88

Feb 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Port of Spain, Trinidad
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Hi Malican,

I sent an email to Ottawa on Monday inquiring about my visa office and I was told that my app is now at the POS visa office.

My previous GCMS Notes had indicated that my visa office would have been CPC-Ottawa - so I guess it has changed to POS...

JAN 21 - AOR
PNP OUTLAND
BGC - Not Applicable

Reactions: sadeb

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Hello everyone, I am applying under the QSW. My file was transferred to POS april ending.
AOR May 8th 2017
Started processing May 4th
Awaiting medical request

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi Malican,

I sent an email to Ottawa on Monday inquiring about my visa office and I was told that my app is now at the POS visa office.

My previous GCMS Notes had indicated that my visa office would have been CPC-Ottawa - so I guess it has changed to POS...

JAN 21 - AOR
PNP OUTLAND
BGC - Not Applicable
Hi Orichy! Good luck! There is another Trinidadian doing the QSW and got through recently. Seem as though there are a few Trinidadians taking that route. Can you elaborate a little more on the process for the benefit of our new members and those wishing to apply as QSW is quite different to FSW.

malican

May 24, 2016
Hello everyone, I am applying under the QSW. My file was transferred to POS april ending.
AOR May 8th 2017
Started processing May 4th
Awaiting medical request

Sorry just realised my posts above got messed up as I was using my phone...

Hi Orichy! Good luck! There is another Trinidadian doing the QSW and got through recently. Seem as though there are a few Trinidadians taking that route. Can you elaborate a little more on the process for the benefit of our new members and those wishing to apply as QSW is quite different to FSW.

Reactions: orichy

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi Malican,

JAN 21 - AOR
PNP OUTLAND
BGC - Not Applicable
Sorry just realised my posts above got messed up as I was using my phone... Any update this week?