+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry applicant

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I had a confusion regarding the proof of fund. I have read in a forum that FDR cannot be shown as proof of fund. Is that so? I have recently received the gift from my dad via a Bank draft and the next day I created a FDR (3 months maturity - ongoing) in my name. I plan to show that as well as my saving account, all together they will have the required money for 3 person.

Now my question is will this be okay? I haven't taken the gift deed from my dad yet because I dont think I will get any invitation very soon. So if say after 4-5 months I get an invite can I then just submit my FDR without the gift deed or gift deed will be necessary even if the FDR opening was more than 6 months ago?

Another question is, does the maturity time of the FDR matters?
FDR can be shown as proof of fund, no problem what so ever. You need to get a letter from your bank which states that, your FDR can be liquefied anytime and it is free from any restrictions (no lien). It is better to get the gift deed immediately after receiving money from the donor however if it becomes 6 months old by the time you will submit your eAPR then no need to submit any kind of supporting documents (no gift deed required), just a bank letter according to IRCC guidelines will be sufficient. As long as your money can be withdrawn anytime you want, maturity date of FDR does not matter at all.
Hope this solves your queries. Good Luck!