+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Appeal??

1_Soph_1

May 15, 2013
Hi guys,

a few months ago I applied for the Express Entry, was pulled out of the lottery and applied for PR.
I applied as NOC2282 (IT technician), but I also have a bachelor in physiotherapy. I don't have enough work experience as a physio and did not do an equivalency exam, therefore I applied as a technician and not as a physio.
My application got refused due to "incomplete documentation". They stated I was missing the equivalency exam, even though I stated that I did not have it and I don't even need it.

Now I have to apply from scratch and my current visa is running out in November. I'm slightly concerned that I will not be pulled out of the lottery in time before my visa runs out.

Is there a way to appeal this decision as the immigration officer clearly did not read my information properly?? Any ideas or advise??

Thanks!
Soph

Caspper

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1_Soph_1 said:
Hi guys,

a few months ago I applied for the Express Entry, was pulled out of the lottery and applied for PR.
I applied as NOC2282 (IT technician), but I also have a bachelor in physiotherapy. I don't have enough work experience as a physio and did not do an equivalency exam, therefore I applied as a technician and not as a physio.
My application got refused due to "incomplete documentation". They stated I was missing the equivalency exam, even though I stated that I did not have it and I don't even need it.

Now I have to apply from scratch and my current visa is running out in November. I'm slightly concerned that I will not be pulled out of the lottery in time before my visa runs out.

Is there a way to appeal this decision as the immigration officer clearly did not read my information properly?? Any ideas or advise??

Thanks!
Soph
What did you mean by lottery ? Express Entry clearly isn't a lottery as US GreenCard.

You can have a work experience different from you main formation, that is fine, although you must validate whatever diploma you have and get an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

1_Soph_1

May 15, 2013
Thanks so much for your reply!

I consider the Express Entry a bit of a lottery if you don't have a sponsored job...

Do I always have to get an ECA, even if I'm not using this degree as the reason to apply for PR?

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does not matter if you are using that degree for your PR or not. What matters is if you got points for it on your EE profile. If you did, then you 100% need an ECA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hhh466 said:
It does not matter if you are using that degree for your PR or not. What matters is if you got points for it on your EE profile. If you did, then you 100% need an ECA.
Agreed. If this is what happened you have no grounds for appeal and you were correctly refused.

1_Soph_1

May 15, 2013
Thanks guys!
It's definitely good to know that you need the ECA if they classified you under the Federal Skilled Worker program. I'm just wondering why I wasn't classified under Canadian Experience Class straight away as that is clearly what I'm going for and I wouldn't have needed the ECA.
My current application is now classified under the CEC and I'm hoping that this time nothing is missing...

ounjal

Jul 19, 2015
1_Soph_1 said:
Thanks guys!
It's definitely good to know that you need the ECA if they classified you under the Federal Skilled Worker program. I'm just wondering why I wasn't classified under Canadian Experience Class straight away as that is clearly what I'm going for and I wouldn't have needed the ECA.
My current application is now classified under the CEC and I'm hoping that this time nothing is missing...
Because your profile was eligible for both FSW and CEC