+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expired visitor visa

Tanner

Jul 1, 2017
I know a person, truly a horrible person who's Visitor visa expired 2 years ago, is she legally entitled to be in Canada? Is she legally entitled to work in Canada?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I know a person, truly a horrible person who's Visitor visa expired 2 years ago, is she legally entitled to be in Canada? Is she legally entitled to work in Canada?

No she is without legal status within Canada so therefore must leave immediately. Also She cannot work too

Tanner

Jul 1, 2017
Do you know this for sure.
Where do I report this to.....are the OPP available to help....they have her personal contact information, telephone, address, I know where she works

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
TRVs allow a person to board a commercial carrier to travel to Canada; CBSA grants status upon entry.

A person can still be legally in Canada with an expired TRV, provided they maintain their status as a visitor, student or worker.

Tanner

Jul 1, 2017
TRVs allow a person to board a commercial carrier to travel to Canada; CBSA grants status upon entry.

A person can still be legally in Canada with an expired TRV, provided they maintain their status as a visitor, student or worker.
And if there visitor visa has expired are they entitled to work?

Tanner

Jul 1, 2017
One further question....does their work permit coincide with their visitor visa?
Other words, if their visitor visa expires and "if" they had a work permit does it also expire?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One further question....does their work permit coincide with their visitor visa?
Other words, if their visitor visa expires and "if" they had a work permit does it also expire?
No. Visitor visa can expire and a work permit can still be valid. As long as the work permit is valid - they are legally entitled to remain in Canada and work.