+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expired study permit and re-entry to Canada

tomyam

Aug 20, 2008
Hi. I posted a question here regarding my status.

I looked through immigration canada webpage and it seems like

I have about a week till my study permit expires so it's kind of late to apply for extension

or change of status.

Here's my question.

If I leave Canada before study permit expires and comeback after a month or two with a visitor's visa,

will immigration officer let me through? Or will I get rejected at the airport? I really need to comeback and wind up

my belongings and stuffs....

Also, if I could't leave before study permit expires and leave about a month later than the expired date, will it be harder for me

to come back to Canada? or there won't be any problem?

I thought my study permit expires on december but I just found out that it expires soon and now I'm panicing.

Is there anything I can do at this point?

Please help....any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

tomyam

Aug 20, 2008
I have sent the extension of stay form before my visa expired so now I am under implied status...

however, I'd like to know whether it is possible for me to re enter Canada with visitor's visa

after about 2 months of absence from this country. I'm thinking of going back home(S.Korea) for 1~2month and

comeback to pack up and wind up my stuffs.

Will there be any problem at the border? will immigration officer reject me due to my history?

I haven't worked, committed crime or violated the act. Pleaase help....thank you.