+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts help please: Landing in case of ENFORCED "out of status"

coshx

May 8, 2013
SALSAL said:
@ coshx

Thank you!

Any suggestion regarding the TYPO/data-entry error in my girl's COPR doc?

-SAL
COPR can be corrected at the point of entry. There, they verify all information before asking you to sign the COPR.

Congrats!

coshx!

SALSAL

Oct 8, 2013
Re: Experts help please: Landing in case of "out of status"

UPDATE

Today, I have landed at POE.

However, the CBSA officer said "you do not need to correct the COPR data, it is for internal use". Well, I am not really sure if this is 100% correct. Any comment about this COPR issue?

Thank you!

coshx

May 8, 2013
Re: Experts help please: Landing in case of "out of status"

SALSAL said:
UPDATE

Today, I have landed at POE.

However, the CBSA officer said "you do not need to correct the COPR data, it is for internal use". Well, I am not really sure if this is 100% correct. Any comment about this COPR issue?

Thank you!
@ SALSAL. I'm quite surprised the officer said that. The COPR will be used to print the PR card. The picture on the COPR will be the same on the PR Card. What I think you should do is to wait till next week when your ecas shows 'complete'. Then call CIC officer and select the option for PR card. Ask them to verify the name on file for your daughter that will be printed on the PR card. If it's the mistaken one, ask them to change it...
In my case, I moved to another residence a week to printing of PR. I called them and asked them to change the address to a new one. They did and sent the PR card to the new address.

coshx!