+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXPERTS ADVISE NEEDED

Rohit Shetty

Aug 26, 2016
I have done Bachelor's of Engineering in 2014, after that i started working in Film Industry and till now i have 2 and half years of experience in this field. Now i want to pursue my further studies in Advanced Film Production in Canada because of my interest in film making.

do i have some chances of getting a visa in this field as per Canadian embassy rules ?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Rohit Shetty said:
I have done Bachelor's of Engineering in 2014, after that i started working in Film Industry and till now i have 2 and half years of experience in this field. Now i want to pursue my further studies in Advanced Film Production in Canada because of my interest in film making.

do i have some chances of getting a visa in this field as per Canadian embassy rules ?
First of all there are no specific rules for denial/acceptance. It's just a checklist that you need to follow for visa filing. Denial/approval depends largely on how you present your case in 95% cases and 5% mood of VO (percentages are made up by me after going through forum posts on approval/denial, and mood cases are those in which I see no logical reason for rejection).

Coming to your scenario you need to justify why you moved from BE to film-making (justify your passion for it and substantiate it with your achievements in last 2 1/2 years,). Why canada? as there are so many film institutes in India. What value addition you will get out of studying in Canada. Hope this helps.

Purely on lighter side : Differentiate yourself from 'real' Rohit Shetty as his films are masala bundles lacking any substance :D

K.PURI

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rohit,

I was in the similar situation as you are. (But I learned the hard way) This is clearly a change of career. This gives an impression of failed planning at your end to the VO. VO Might think that you did not plan your career and this course is just another air bullet you are firing.

To mitigate this, one thing you need to get from the college/university you get yourself enrolled is a letter stating that your previous studies are not of much importance as you have relevant work ex. Get your college/university to say they are admitting you in the course because of your work ex not because of your previous studies or something on the similar lines.

I am myself from tourism management background. And I had experience in project management at a factory shop floor. I applied for project management course and got refused. The reason was mismatch of previous studies with current studies. I reapplied with the letter from university stating my previous studies don't weigh much as much as my work experience does and students from any academic background can apply for it.

Rohit Shetty

Aug 26, 2016
i had very poor background in BE due to lack of interest, this is the only reason i want to continue in my field of interest.
i am planning to apply in Toronto film school, they have seen my all the projects and agreed to give me LOA.
suggest me what other documents from this school will help me in making my profile strong ?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
K.PURI said:
Hi Rohit,

To mitigate this, one thing you need to get from the college/university you get yourself enrolled is a letter stating that your previous studies are not of much importance as you have relevant work ex. Get your college/university to say they are admitting you in the course because of your work ex not because of your previous studies or something on the similar lines.
Read the above from K.Puri few times and let it sink in and then do as advised by him. Yours is a precarious situation and don't let it go out of your hands by any mishandling. Good Luck

Rohit Shetty

Aug 26, 2016
as i'm applying for the 1st time under general category because film school falls under non spp category, does it make any negative impact on my case ?

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Gymguy said:
First of all there are no specific rules for denial/acceptance. It's just a checklist that you need to follow for visa filing. Denial/approval depends largely on how you present your case in 95% cases and 5% mood of VO (percentages are made up by me after going through forum posts on approval/denial, and mood cases are those in which I see no logical reason for rejection).

Coming to your scenario you need to justify why you moved from BE to film-making (justify your passion for it and substantiate it with your achievements in last 2 1/2 years,). Why canada? as there are so many film institutes in India. What value addition you will get out of studying in Canada. Hope this helps.

Purely on lighter side : Differentiate yourself from 'real' Rohit Shetty as his films are masala bundles lacking any substance :D
I got rejected in august for same reasons like purpose of visit, ties(i applied for spouse too) but not financial reasons. I have withdrawn money and invested in land. My questions are follow

1. Based on first rejection what chances do i have ?
2. They say investments are acceptable. What do i have to do if i have to present my land as Proof of Fund?

Rohit Shetty

Aug 26, 2016
@Gymguy @K.Puri
suggest me, what type of documents i submit in embassy so that they came to know that i'm working in this field......i don't have any ITR, the only thing i have is the projects made by me.
what other type of documents will acts as evidence of this ?

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Hi Rohit,

I don't mean to demean your passions but since you personally messaged me for an advice on this forum, I would have a straightforward opinion...
Gymie is one of the experienced lad on this task and his advice is much appreciated, also KP's suggestion too looks convincing...
Your case does not have a substantial fundamental alignment and its a clear case of realization of life passions at a quite later stage...
My question to you is...Canada or film making?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
afnan.bashir said:
Hi,
Do you think that my land investment can be used as proof of funds?
No.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
afnan.bashir said:
According to one of checklist document it says investments can be. I am not sure it includes land or not http://pasteboard.co/g1YbiIyBI.png
Investments refers to stocks / bonds that can be liquidated quickly into cash - not land.