+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experienced Users/Asivad-Need clarifications on CRS, CEC & FSW scoring criteria

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Recommend that you decline this ITA and fiddle around with your EE profile then. At 483, you will get an ITA in every single draw.
Dear Asivad,

As you suggested, I declined the ITA which I received. Yesterday, I updated my work history by deleting the Teaching assistant jobs.

For your information
- I applied for post-graduate work permit on 24-Feb-2015.
- My study permit was valid till 31-March-2015. From 1-April-2015, I was on implied status till 1-May-2015.
- But the date issue of PGWP is on 2-May-2015.

I included only the jobs after 24-Feb-2015 in my work history, because from that day onwards, I am not a student. Also I included my self-employed work which has a NOC code in the work history.

It has been 24 hours now and I received an email from CIC stating that "your application (XXXXX) has been updated". Still it is showing as 483.

Is it my updated score or have to wait for some more time?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nalanda said:
Dear Asivad,

As you suggested, I declined the ITA which I received. Yesterday, I updated my work history by deleting the Teaching assistant jobs.

For your information
- I applied for post-graduate work permit on 24-Feb-2015.
- My study permit was valid till 31-March-2015. From 1-April-2015, I was on implied status till 1-May-2015.
- But the date issue of PGWP is on 2-May-2015.

I included only the jobs after 24-Feb-2015 in my work history, because from that day onwards, I am not a student. Also I included my self-employed work which has a NOC code in the work history.

It has been 24 hours now and I received an email from CIC stating that "your application (XXXXX) has been updated". Still it is showing as 483.

Is it my updated score or have to wait for some more time?
Try updating your profile and including just the employment from May '15 onward.

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Dear Asivad,

I would like to receive some advice on below scenario.

For your information,
1) My wife and I, both of us did our masters degree in Canada. So we both separately received Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).
2) I have PGWP valid till 02-May-2018 and my wife has PGWP valid till 5-Jan-2017.
3) We both are eligible for PNP, based on our masters degree.
4) I am waiting till May-2016 to complete my 1 year of Canadian experience.

Considering that I am submitting my ePR application online by end of May-2016. CIC will take atleast 6 months to process my application.

If incase CIC process goes beyond Jan-2017, what should I do for my wife's status and which of the below scenario is applicable for my wife's situation:

1) I am aware that PGWP is one time offer. Is my wife eligible to extend her post-graduate work permit?
2) Based on my PGWP (valid May-2018), is it possible to apply for spouse open work permit?

capt.nemo

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
I need some help on CRS criteria.
- Does CRS consider self-employed work in Canada? Yes. Has to be supported by a variety of documents, cannot be claimed by self declaration.

Hi. I am self employed. Based on CRAs definition I fall more under the employee category, so should I tick the check box for self employed while creating express entry profile or leave it unticked????