+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience with request for additional documentation (Online TRV application)

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi all,

CIC requested for additional documentation in form of a request letter asking for a copy of insurance.
The application is an online application and the request letter indicates to submit the requested document in this same manner the application was done. This is an online application and as per the instruction on the page, i should have the ability to upload the requested document but i do not see any such button to upload a requested application.

I have sent an email to the visa office processing the application (the request letter was signed by them) but i am not confident i will receive a response on time so i am looking for some suggestions or inputs from anyone with a similar experience

Thanks all

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
Click on view checklist and you should be able to see additional documents requested and there should be an upload button next to it.

Oct 30, 2013
I am in the same situation, I have been asked to upload additional documents, but every time I click on "View Checklist" to upload the requested documents, I get the error:

Did CIC request an additional document from you? +/-

**Due to technical difficulties, the "View Documents" button may not be available. We are working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.

What should I do?
Does anyone know if Online applicants can submit supporting documents to CPC Vegreville?

PLZ HELP.....WAITING SINCE OCT 3RD!!!

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
My request letter came from the embassy responsible for application so i sent the requested document with a cover letter via VAC office.

sajirin

Oct 3, 2013
i applied on sep 22 (online). singapore office email me directly and ask for additional document on Oct 16 and i send that document on Oct 22. Still waiting ..... :(

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
sajirin said:
i applied on sep 22 (online). singapore office email me directly and ask for additional document on Oct 16 and i send that document on Oct 22. Still waiting ..... :(

how did you submit the additional document? thanks

Firas

Nov 8, 2013
I'm just wondering, how do you guys know which office requested additional documents? My wife received an email request for an additional letter called "permission from other parent" in order for my wife to take our daughter with her to visit Canada. I can't tell which office requested this letter as I'm keen to know which office is handling the online application to figure out the processing time!
Thx.

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
click on the letter and you should be able to download the attachment. you will see the office/location on the letter head

good luck

Firas

Nov 8, 2013
Hello twiggy, the letter head has the CIC logo in English and French only. Beneath I can see the request date, UCI and Application numbers. Then the letter contents.
The letter is Signed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
I guess it was sent by the CIC office in Canada direct, isn't it?

Thx a lot twiggy

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Ok i think i assumed you were having the same issue i had based on the subject.
in that case was there any instruction on how to submit it? i believe it came from CIC in canada which is similar to the passport request
and in the letter would be instruction on how to submit the document

good luck

Firas

Nov 8, 2013
In the letter they instructed us to submit the additional letter through the "View Checklist" link and that's how I uploaded the letter. Sometimes it takes a while to fully load the page where you can see the upload button for the requested document.

Thnx and good luck to you too.

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Delhi office responded to my inquiry regarding the additional document i was unable to upload. i was asked to email it them which i have done.

it seems with the online portal if the request came from CIC in Ottawa, the option to upload exist but if otherwise, it has to be sent via VFS or email.

good luck to all !!!

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
twiggy said:
Delhi office responded to my inquiry regarding the additional document i was unable to upload. i was asked to email it them which i have done.

it seems with the online portal if the request came from CIC in Ottawa, the option to upload exist but if otherwise, it has to be sent via VFS or email.

good luck to all !!!
Thanks for posting that here!