+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience in home country and studying in Canada - eligible for applying Express entry ?

Feb 26, 2019
Hi,

I am pursuing my Master’s degree at a University in Vancouver, British Columbia, I have 4 years of work experience as a Software Engineer back in my home country, can I apply for Express entry Federal Skilled Worker Program before completing my Master’s degree. I will continue my studies even after applying but just checking if I have an option to apply to the program being on a study permit as I already have work experience. Will there be any problem if I apply ?

Thank you,
Hemanth

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
Of course you can apply for FSW, why couldn't you? It doesn't matter that you're a student at the moment. If anything, you should apply as soon as possible to avoid paying international student tuition fees.

Feb 26, 2019
Of course you can apply for FSW, why couldn't you? It doesn't matter that you're a student at the moment. If anything, you should apply as soon as possible to avoid paying international student tuition fees.
Thank you, will apply as soon as possible. But, do we need job offer mandatorily for applying ?