+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience from staffing company

ziwei5

Feb 13, 2017
Hi friends,

I really need your help here.

I am applying under Express Entry-CEC and my experience is from a staffing agency. I have obtained employment reference letters from both my employer(the agency) and the company I worked for(the client). The letter from the client provides all required information; However, the one from staffing agency does not include job duties as I didn't physically work there. Basically what it gives me is a standard verification of employment that includes title, rate, hours, period of service etc.

I am wondering if you think what I have is sufficient and if anyone has seen similar case before?

Thank you in advance for your visit and advice.

Best Luck for all,
Victor

Reactions: Pavneet@29

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes - I was paid through a payrolling company who technically employed/paid me but didnt know my duties etc.

I supplied the reference letter from the client, I had them add that I was contracted through the payrolling company
Employment confirmation from the payroll company
A letter of explanation to join the dots

All was fine.

Reactions: Pavneet@29

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in similar situation. I am thinking if I should ask for the duties to be listed on the agency's experience letter. Ideally they should be on the client's letter since I worked on site at client location but I am afraid if client would deny that request.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukulabd said:
I am in similar situation. I am thinking if I should ask for the duties to be listed on the agency's experience letter. Ideally they should be on the client's letter since I worked on site at client location but I am afraid if client would deny that request.
As long as you can prove a link between the client and the staffing agency and one of them can confirm your duties it will be fine.

Ideally both will be able to make mention of your title and some duties etc.

ziwei5

Feb 13, 2017
ozlis said:
Yes - I was paid through a payrolling company who technically employed/paid me but didnt know my duties etc.

I supplied the reference letter from the client, I had them add that I was contracted through the payrolling company

All was fine.
Thank you so much! Your success story means a lot to me. I will start working on my letter of explanation :D

ziwei5

Feb 13, 2017
mukulabd said:
I agree. I believe it's more reasonable to have the client(the company we actually worked at) to provide the letter with job duties. Try asking your manager politely first I would say.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ziwei5 said:
I agree. I believe it's more reasonable to have the client(the company we actually worked at) to provide the letter with job duties. Try asking your manager politely first I would say.
Yes. I am going to request the client company first. If they deny my request then temp agency comes into picture.

siddhij

Aug 30, 2020

All was fine.
Hello, would you be able to please give me a gist of what to write in the letter of explanation. I am in similar situation , but can get letters from both the recruitment agency and client.

Pavneet@29

Oct 19, 2021
Hi friends,

I really need your help here.

I am applying under Express Entry-CEC and my experience is from a staffing agency. I have obtained employment reference letters from both my employer(the agency) and the company I worked for(the client). The letter from the client provides all required information; However, the one from staffing agency does not include job duties as I didn't physically work there. Basically what it gives me is a standard verification of employment that includes title, rate, hours, period of service etc.

I am wondering if you think what I have is sufficient and if anyone has seen similar case before?

Thank you in advance for your visit and advice.

Best Luck for all,
Victor
Hi Victor! My question is same as urs I am currently employed by the company, completed 500 hrs through recruiting agency. Confirmation of employment is enough by recruiting agency?