+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience check/Background check

sunnydreams

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Hi!

I am really worried that I have to state the experience of the company that had closed down years back. In all ways it wont look reliable if CIC wont be able to verify the details. I have joining letter and I also know the proprietor well and so he would give the experience letter but I am worried about the closure status of the firm.

I wonder how CIC would carry out experience check, do they call the company or give it to the agencies in particular country? I have tried to search for the same on the forum but I can not find the answer especially for FSW category. It would be great if someone could throw some light on it.

Many thanks

KanwalRukh

Feb 24, 2015
Hi, I am going through the same problem. I have five year teaching experience in a school butt the head of that school died in 2011 and thus the school has been transferred to another authority who is now running the school under a different name. My experience letter shows the name off the late principal and the name of the older school. How will the background checks verify that my experience letter is valid?

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
sunnydreams said:
Hi!

I am really worried that I have to state the experience of the company that had closed down years back. In all ways it wont look reliable if CIC wont be able to verify the details. I have joining letter and I also know the proprietor well and so he would give the experience letter but I am worried about the closure status of the firm.

I wonder how CIC would carry out experience check, do they call the company or give it to the agencies in particular country? I have tried to search for the same on the forum but I can not find the answer especially for FSW category. It would be great if someone could throw some light on it.

Many thanks

KanwalRukh said:
Hi, I am going through the same problem. I have five year teaching experience in a school butt the head of that school died in 2011 and thus the school has been transferred to another authority who is now running the school under a different name. My experience letter shows the name off the late principal and the name of the older school. How will the background checks verify that my experience letter is valid?
vancitydream said:
any clue?
May I ask the country where you guys used to work?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancitydream said:
any clue?
The best you can under these circumstances is to send in all the relevant documentation you have along with the latest contact details of your supervisor/HR from that job (if possible) with a letter of explanation that clearly outlines that the organization doesn't exist anymore, direct the VO's attention to all the effort you have undertaken to provide all supporting evidence of the existence of such organization while you were employed there and request them to view your case favorably despite this unfortunate situation.

How CIC conduct their background checks is entirely their concern and not yours. All you can do at your end is submit as close to a complete application as possible and hope for the best

All the best!

zzxgz

May 25, 2015
Hi.

If you are submitting a reference letter, you can explain that in the letter: This company/enterprise/school is closed in year 20xx/ changed its name from xxxx to yyyy.

This will be helpful.

All the best to you.