+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Certificates

aartimoolya

Jul 23, 2016
Hi, this is Aarti and am intending to apply for Express Entry Canada. Would like to have some clarification on Experience. I have around 5 years of experience from 3 -4 companies; will it be valid if I submit all the certificates to cover 5 years of experience??!! Please help.

dewk

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it will be valid as long as it is under NOC O,A or B.

And minimum one year of work experience is required in the primary NOC under which you apply.

aartimoolya

Jul 23, 2016
Hi, thank you so much. May I ask, if I can have two NOC codes for my experience? As I have initial 6 months as accountant followed by finance position. Pls. advise. Thanks again.

dewk

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can have two or more (different) NOC codes for different work experience.

aartimoolya

Jul 23, 2016
Thanks again, so even I have 6 months and followed by 3 years and again 1 year all in finance field, NOC valid in A category, still valid and my experience will be counted as 5 years and not less, right?? Please advise, I do not wish to submit wrong application....

dewk

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I get is that you have three different work experience in three different NOC codes and all of them fall under NOC A category. If so, then the total number of years will be counted.

You only need to have minimum of one year work experience in the primary NOC.

Bdw, you will get maximum points for three years of work experience, so, if the work experience gained in other NOC (which is not primary), you need not show it.

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
aartimoolya said:
Wow interesting, thanks much for your positive response...
Aarti, most important thing you need to take experience letter in specific format which include your roles and responsibilities
So I would suggest you to contact your ex managers to get that letter,I am not scaring you but it's gonna be difficult task
All the best
Welcome to the club :)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Adding on to what think0911 has mentioned, in case you are looking for a sample reference letter format, you can find it on this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html