+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Example of declaration letters

amcpons

Jun 2, 2014
Hi.
Im asking my friends and other people like owners of gyms, etc for the letters to help us prove our relationship.

They are all asking me how it should look like, how formal is it, how long is it. i would love to know more or show them examples.

I guess people like the owner of the gym will do it in they gyms letterhead, has dates and can say since when we have been there. Is that enough for the formal letters? is there any information we should make sure is there?

About the friends letters..well do they have a header? do we put the date and place they are writing it in, is to who it may concern? do we specify who is the person, for example their name at the top and friend of partners name...or how did others organize the letters?

Where they too long? do they explain how they meet us or how specific and how formal are they?
Hope someone can help me since I really want to give them something since they are already helping me writing this for us.
Thanks!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just ask them to write a short letter (maybe a paragraph, or two [at most]) describing your relationship from their point of view.

For friends: Have them write letters to verify your relationship is real.

For landlord or neighbours: THEY are the ones that should speak to the fact that they know that you have been living together, under the same roof (primarily) and if they can comment on the relationship part...so be it.

It's important that they be individual and NOT a `copy and paste' from one to the other. The last thing you want is something that resembles a `form letter'.

Don't worry...your friends and neighbours will know what to say. ;)

Good luck!

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks Ponga!!! I was really wondering how long they had to be so this helps a lot.
I will try to explain that and thanks for the tips, if anyone else has more please let me know!

sanda

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-May-2013
AOR Received.
09-May-2013
LANDED..........
15-March-2014
amcpons said:
Hi.
Im asking my friends and other people like owners of gyms, etc for the letters to help us prove our relationship.

They are all asking me how it should look like, how formal is it, how long is it. i would love to know more or show them examples.

I guess people like the owner of the gym will do it in they gyms letterhead, has dates and can say since when we have been there. Is that enough for the formal letters? is there any information we should make sure is there?

About the friends letters..well do they have a header? do we put the date and place they are writing it in, is to who it may concern? do we specify who is the person, for example their name at the top and friend of partners name...or how did others organize the letters?

Where they too long? do they explain how they meet us or how specific and how formal are they?
Hope someone can help me since I really want to give them something since they are already helping me writing this for us.
Thanks!!
I referred to this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/relationship-support-letters-examples-t47010.0.html

Stating specific dates, episodes with couple and writer's point of view on the relationship of couple is better.
You'll see the style of letter in the link.

Good luck! ;)

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
This is what one of our friends wrote:

I, XY, do solemnly declare that:

I have been AB's friend since early 2011. I've been aware of her relationship to CD since April 2012. She posted pictures and news on Facebook and sent me private messages. From October 19th until October 26th, 2012 I traveled to Calgary with our common friend EF and we stayed with AB and CD. I can confirm that their relationship is genuine and continuing.

I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing it to be true, and knowing that it is of the same force and effect as if made under oath.

Place and date and signature