+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA FOR VISIT TO CANADA

notlob73

Jul 29, 2024
Could someone point .e I the right direction? It is impossible to speak to someone on the phone to Canada re Eta application. We are all travelling a family on 12th August but my daughter is still awaiting response as she has had a past criminal record. All spent now but assault in 2011 but a community order. Not a jail sentence. My daughter is extremely sad as we were goung with her 12 year old daughter. Surely something can be done. We have attached her criminal record to an enquiry as on her Ircc account no application listed. Hope someone can help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She may be inadmissible to Canada with a criminal record and may need special authorization. This should have been done a long time ago. Suggestion is to get a Canadian immigration lawyer to help you.

Most likely she need to apply for rehabilitation first and then ETA. From IRCC:

If you are a foreign national who needs an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), you have to submit a separate application for criminal rehabilitation before you apply for your eTA. You can do so by following the procedures below. Once you have received confirmation of your rehabilitation, you may apply for an eTA. If you apply for your eTA before you receive your rehabilitation, your application will be assessed based on the information currently available, and may result in the refusal of your application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/overcome-criminal-convictions.html#

Reactions: dcm.ltd0

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Could someone point .e I the right direction? It is impossible to speak to someone on the phone to Canada re Eta application. We are all travelling a family on 12th August but my daughter is still awaiting response as she has had a past criminal record. All spent now but assault in 2011 but a community order. Not a jail sentence. My daughter is extremely sad as we were goung with her 12 year old daughter. Surely something can be done. We have attached her criminal record to an enquiry as on her Ircc account no application listed. Hope someone can help.
Unfortunately there's really no one to speak to. Her application is non standard and IRCC needs to review to determine she is admissible. Non standard applications can take many months to process

Reactions: Naturgrl