+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Estimated Processing Time

aktr

Mar 24, 2021
Hi. I would like to take some advices about my application status. My father sponsored me for PR. And I recieved my medical exam instructions and biometric letter. I did the instructions and they said they have send the documents to IRCC. So it's been 2 months and I still didn't recieve any mails from IRCC. And I would like to have an idea that how much would it take? Do you guys think that I would be able to get my approval until summer? And when my application approves what status am I in? Am I becoming a PR? Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I would like to take some advices about my application status. My father sponsored me for PR. And I recieved my medical exam instructions and biometric letter. I did the instructions and they said they have send the documents to IRCC. So it's been 2 months and I still didn't recieve any mails from IRCC. And I would like to have an idea that how much would it take? Do you guys think that I would be able to get my approval until summer? And when my application approves what status am I in? Am I becoming a PR? Thank you!
Processing times are approximately 12 months for dependents right now from the time the application is submitted (although some are getting through faster). Medical and biometrics are normally requested during the first half of the process so you likely still have a number of months to wait before the application is finalized since the would still have to complete steps like the security and background check. It is very normal not to hear anything for several months.

Reactions: aktr

aktr

Mar 24, 2021
Thank you for your answer. I feel such a relieve now. So there should be no problem about the documents that I completed? Because I thought I would recieve a mail that they got the medical exam results and fingerprint results. And I don't know why but my consultant said that it takes 24 months for family sponsorships because of COVID. I didn't see any information about it takes 24 months. And I was so confused. Do you know anything about that 24 months issue? Because at the canada.ca it only says 18 months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your answer. I feel such a relieve now. So there should be no problem about the documents that I completed? Because I thought I would recieve a mail that they got the medical exam results and fingerprint results. And I don't know why but my consultant said that it takes 24 months for family sponsorships because of COVID. I didn't see any information about it takes 24 months. And I was so confused. Do you know anything about that 24 months issue? Because at the canada.ca it only says 18 months.
It's always possible for processing to take longer. Each application is individual and the processing times are just estimates.