+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

essential worker stream

Kennyk

Jul 3, 2020
Hi, I just want to ask a few questions.So I was employed April 2019 to December 2019 as a restaurant cashier but left my job to focus on my internship I work part time during school and full time during summer while my program was out.I didn't work again until August 2020 as a cashier at walmart, also started working at amazon during the same time but in September. In February I left my two jobs for another job that didn't work out.Now I want to know if my hours as a student counts towards essential worker program.And what noc would amazon job fall under? Iam currently employed at mcdonalds.please advise.thank you.

Kingroll

Jun 21, 2021
Hi, I worked at Mucho Burrito as Cashier. From two year, I am trying to apply for essential worker stream in TR To PR. My employer has provided me with employment Reference Letter which says I worked as "Food Service Cashier" and job duties also matches the NOC code 6611 for Cahier. (I have also cross the barrier of 1560 hours.)

Am I eligible to apply with this position for Essential worker stream in TR to PR Pathway?

Please help me out.

Thanks for your Time and Help in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I worked at Mucho Burrito as Cashier. From two year, I am trying to apply for essential worker stream in TR To PR. My employer has provided me with employment Reference Letter which says I worked as "Food Service Cashier" and job duties also matches the NOC code 6611 for Cahier. (I have also cross the barrier of 1560 hours.)

Am I eligible to apply with this position for Essential worker stream in TR to PR Pathway?

Please help me out.

Thanks for your Time and Help in advance.
So you don’t have anything to do with serving food, getting drinks etc. Because you are a Food Attendant/Food Service Cashier which is NOC 6711 which are for people who work in fast food/restaurants.

Kingroll

Jun 21, 2021
I am confused, So, I am eligible to apply or not with position and role and duties which my employer..

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
@Naturgrl what about walmart self checkout attendent.
I worked as cashier and self checkout at the same time so I am 6611 but the duties of self checkout ,which i read on job description , don't match the 6611 noc for cashier. I think i need to ask my employer to write cashier duties instead of self checkout duties on my reference letter

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Naturgrl what about walmart self checkout attendent.
I worked as cashier and self checkout at the same time so I am 6611 but the duties of self checkout ,which i read on job description , don't match the 6611 noc for cashier. I think i need to ask my employer to write cashier duties instead of self checkout duties on my reference letter
The duties in your letter must match the NOC.