+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error on Marriage Certificate

Mp12

Nov 21, 2019
hello everyone,

I have a few question decided to put it all under one thread. my husband and I got married in South Africa where he is currently based, I'm a Canadian citizen living in Canada. I just noticed our marriage certificate has the wrong place of birth for myself. I'm Canadian citizen not by birth. The place of brith on the certificate states I was born in Canada (error). I'm now worried it took 8-10 weeks to receive our Certificate from South Africa. how will this affect my spousal sponsorship which I'm ready to submit? do I need to request another certificate?

also I recently learned how to download my WhatsApp messages to look exactly like the WhatsApp app including media shared. On the application immigration only request for 10 pages max however I have over 1000 pages to date (its hard to go over and pick important convos we talk everyday. on adobe (pdf) I can actually print up to 16 chat screenshots into one page which will cut down the number of pages printed out (and select from there). Will this be allowed, as long as it's not too small to read?

I apologize this is long, thank you in advance.

mommony

Aug 13, 2020
I have the same issue as well but different story.
Im Cambodian -Canadian who got his citizenship young. No birth certificate because of Status Refugee when I immigrate to Canada.
Born in a refugee camp in Khao I Dang, Thailand.
I had stayed in Cambodia since October 2018 til May 2020.
Made a Cambodian National ID and got my name onto my uncle's family book which indicate Cambodia as my place of birth, because I dont have a birth certificate.
The local authority requires me to have an attestation that proves that my civil single status. However, I thought that it wouldnt be possible to prove my single status in Canada.
so, I managed to get the marriage certificate, but the place of birth was based on the Cambodian national ID as instead my passport.

I would like to sponsor my wife. Do you think I should place a note on the marriage certificate telling there was an error on the place of birth and have the intention to change it soon? What should I say on the note ? or should I make another marriage certificate with my actual place of birth as indicated on my passport? However, I would need to go back to Cambodia and the local authority to sign the document with my finger print.

Thanks

Last edited: