+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error on IEC application

KatieA

Oct 19, 2018
My partner has an error on his application with the incorrect country of birth on it (it was greyed out and couldn't be changed in the application). The city of birth is correct. He submitted a CSE - case specific enquiry form stating the problem before submitting the application. They got back to him and advised him to continue to submit the application and the error can be fixed later.
He has now sent off his application and been sent a letter to complete his biometrics. However, the biometrics letter has the same incorrect country of birth on it. He has sent a new CSE form raising the issue again as he is unsure if he should complete the biometrics with this incorrect letter or wait for their response to correct it.
So my question is should he go for a biometrics appointment now or wait for a response? Will this error likely be only fixed after they have received the biometrics?

Thanks

May 8, 2019
My partner has an error on his application with the incorrect country of birth on it (it was greyed out and couldn't be changed in the application). The city of birth is correct. He submitted a CSE - case specific enquiry form stating the problem before submitting the application. They got back to him and advised him to continue to submit the application and the error can be fixed later.
He has now sent off his application and been sent a letter to complete his biometrics. However, the biometrics letter has the same incorrect country of birth on it. He has sent a new CSE form raising the issue again as he is unsure if he should complete the biometrics with this incorrect letter or wait for their response to correct it.
So my question is should he go for a biometrics appointment now or wait for a response? Will this error likely be only fixed after they have received the biometrics?

Thanks
Hey,
I have a similar issue. My application had the correct Country of Birth and Citizenship correct on the application, but it was still incorrect on the Biometric letter. I have contacted the IRCC but still waiting for their response. I do not want to miss the 30 day deadline. Would you be able to share your experience and how you got the error fixed? Should I go ahead and get y Biometric done anyways?

KatieA

Oct 19, 2018
Hey,
I have a similar issue. My application had the correct Country of Birth and Citizenship correct on the application, but it was still incorrect on the Biometric letter. I have contacted the IRCC but still waiting for their response. I do not want to miss the 30 day deadline. Would you be able to share your experience and how you got the error fixed? Should I go ahead and get y Biometric done anyways?
Hi,
Go ahead with your biometrics and get that done (don't miss your 30 day limit) - my partner went ahead with his despite the error and the biometrics people fixed the error on his biometrics during the appointment.
However, the country of birth is still incorrect on his IEC document but they have said this will be fixed. We have since had our IEC accepted and are going in August. Hope that helps, good luck!

May 8, 2019
He
Hi,
Go ahead with your biometrics and get that done (don't miss your 30 day limit) - my partner went ahead with his despite the error and the biometrics people fixed the error on his biometrics during the appointment.
However, the country of birth is still incorrect on his IEC document but they have said this will be fixed. We have since had our IEC accepted and are going in August. Hope that helps, good luck!
Hey Katie,

Thank you so much for the quick response. This was very helpful. All the very best to you guys on the new venture!

Reactions: KatieA