+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error messages in EE post ITA and disappearing uploaded documents

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I found out both of my uploaded job reference letters were missing in my EE post ITA application. Then I realized the field for uploading my current job's documents is removed from the list of the required documents altogether.
I am also facing meaningless error messages in acitivity section where the form prompts me to fill out the description of the acitivtiy even though that is only a blank field for a new entry. The error reads something like The description must be equal to 50 characters, or something like that. It seems like a glitch in the system which may have happened after the system upgrade/maintenance this Saturday. The form won't allow me to save my work because of this nonsense error. Is anybody else experiencing the same error and the change in document upload section?

kravichinnu

Jul 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too am facing the same problem after the system maintenance. My wife and I initially had three fields to upload documents about my work history but now I see only one each. Can someone please help us out regarding this?

nicknmw

Jul 27, 2015
Hey, I literally just signed up to this forum because of this exact problem.
I had a whole list of previous employment forms, some of which I had already uploaded, completely disappear over night. Now I only have left the most recent job. Same for my spouse.

In a way, I am slightly relieved to see it isn't just me. On the other hand, I am starting to panic as I only have about 2 weeks left in the countdown. I sent a tech support 'share with cic' request from the site, hopefully the issue is known about.

The thing that concerns me most however is the confidentiality of some of the documents I'm uploading and the irritatingly glitchy interface I'm giving absolute faith in. Even before this happened, the upload form actually repeated some of my previous work experience, in one case repeating the same job three times. Am I just meant to over ride it and put it in an explanation letter before it? Who knows.

I already know people being rejected for mysterious reasons (missing documents when they were never asked for them or given anywhere to upload them to, etc) who now have opted to just go the paper route. I'm getting seriously frustrated with the process, and now this happens.

reslanw

Jun 24, 2015
same here.. i had 5 uploaded.. 4 disappeared completely and only one shows and the uploaded document got deleted!

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
I checked recently and the optional Letter of Explanation field has disappeared along with the employment documents error.

I mentioned somewhere else also but what happens if someone submitted and after maintenance some of the documents have disappeared. I hope they give person a chance on missing documents rather than outright rejections as we have seen in the past.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd imagine the documents submitted by complete profiles would not go missing because they have successfully been uploaded and submitted to CIC. Although considering their website and all these issues and bugs ancountered in a simple application form, nothing is impossible. How hard can it be really... sigh...

kat_jack

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
for child info missing part - update your child profile information . Afterwards you can see the Child upload information .

It happens to me and works fine for child updates and not employee records.

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Updating the child info helps.
But I am still having issues with employments records. It only asks me to provide docs for my current job.

Also, I do not see a place to upload my IELTS results. I remember last week I did not see it either.
Where to upload it? Under Education?

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Other than the employment issue are you guys seeing the optional letter of explanation section? That disappeared for me.

IELTS is checked electronically through the report reference number provided so is not really required. I would be loading in education so might be the best place to do so.

mohelmy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Same here:
1- My children's uploaded docs are missing.
2- All my employment reference letters are missing.
3- Letter of Explanation field is missing.

I updated my children's info and the fields to upload their documents showed up again.
However, my employment as well as the LOE still missing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohelmy said:
Same here:

I updated my children's info and the fields to upload their documents showed up again.
Wait for a day or 2 and try to login again by removing cache.

Or else submit a Case specific Inquiry to CIC or call CIC.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohelmy said:
Same here:

Regarding your child's documents, you need to return back to your profile and find the unanswered question of "Does your child has a PR or Canadian citizenship?". I had the same problem and this fixed it.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just found my work history was reset. Not sure if I did it inadvertently or it went blank on its own. Filled out the questions again, but nothing changed in the end. Still only one place to upload the employment record. Has anyone seen the issue resolved in their profile?