20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Hi,

I tried to send a CSE to CIC because it's been 6 months since my AOR and I still have not received a decision on my application.

The CSE web form has changed since the last time I used it (in March).

In any case, after I clicked the submit button, the Confirmation page showed the following:

Case Specific Enquiry - Confirmation

Error!

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.VariantType' to type 'System.Data.DataTable'.

Date modified
2016-01-18

I do not know whether it is a technical issue with their website, or that I did not enter any of my information properly. With regard to the latter, the only thing I can think of is that I used TextExpander to enter my email information in the CSE form text box field. TextExpander is an app on my Mac that "saves your fingers and your keyboard, expanding custom keyboard shortcuts into frequently-used text and pictures". So basically, I created a shortcut to my email, so that whenever I need to type my email, I just type something like ;em, which then expands into my full email address, as it did when I was filling out the CSE form.

Also, unlike before, I have not received an auto email confirmation for the receipt of my CSE.

Has anyone experienced similar errors with the new CSE web form?

In any case, should I:

1. Send an email to CIC's technical department reporting this error, or
2. Send another CSE, this time manually typing out all information in the text boxes (but explain that this is my second submission due to an error with the 1st one).

Thank you!

yueCynthia

Nov 2, 2015
Hi ybjianada, have you found out how to fix this? Did the manually typing work? I came across this error too today.

kjojo

May 3, 2016
I resolved the issue by starting fresh in private browsing mode of the browser. It's called "New Private Window" and "Incognito" respectively in Firefox and Chrome browsers.

tango08

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Really don't know
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/02/2016
File Transfer...
Provided
Med's Done....
Pass
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
Waiting :)
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon :)
LANDED..........
As soon as possible :)
kjojo said:
I resolved the issue by starting fresh in private browsing mode of the browser. It's called "New Private Window" and "Incognito" respectively in Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Thanks, this works well.

MrWenger

Feb 20, 2015
You can also hit the back button on your browser until you get to the page you write your enquiry and click next then re-submit the page.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Pressing the back button doesn't work for me but the private browsing mode does. Thank you!

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
kjojo said:
Was trying for hours. This worked perfectly for me! You're my hero!!! ;D