+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in Company name LMO

here4rPR

Jun 6, 2014
There is an error in Company name of positive lmo. How much time does it take to fix this? A change in lmo number is expected?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The employer has to contact Service Canada and alert them to the issue. They will either amend the existing LMO or issue a new one with a new number.

If it was Service Canada that made the error, then the employer should ask them to prioritize fixing it.

here4rPR

Jun 6, 2014
amira_mais said:
The employer has to contact Service Canada and alert them to the issue. They will either amend the existing LMO or issue a new one with a new number.

If it was Service Canada that made the error, then the employer should ask them to prioritize fixing it.
Thanks for the reply amira_mais!
In either of the cases, what could be the turn around time for issuing the new one?

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say it depends on who made the error and whether this is acknowledged - if it was Service Canada, you could expect the issue to be resolved in 5 business days.

If it was the employer's error, then it's hard to say. The application might be done quickly if no new assessment is needed, or it might go to the end of the queue.

here4rPR

Jun 6, 2014
amira_mais said:
I would say it depends on who made the error and whether this is acknowledged - if it was Service Canada, you could expect the issue to be resolved in 5 business days.

If it was the employer's error, then it's hard to say. The application might be done quickly if no new assessment is needed, or it might go to the end of the queue.
Thanks once again!
I guess the error is from SC. Because, the application was double checked before sending to SC by employer and lawyer.
So, hopefully I get it soon.

here4rPR

Jun 6, 2014
I am really getting tensed and frustrated now as my employer did not hear anything from SC on my LMO Correction. It is been almost 4 weeks now. I am just wondering what is taking them so much time to just correct company name in a already issued positive LMO. I would have happily waited if I was not at all issued a LMO till now.

here4rPR

Jun 6, 2014
Started getting frustrated and suspicious about the time-line it is taking to correct the LMO. It had been 4 weeks since LMO was sent to service Canada.
Any body has a word or a comment on this?

here4rPR

Jun 6, 2014
After all frustration, tension and irritation got an update.
It took approximately 35days for lmo correction. Service Canada notified employer about this.

Hope this could be a useful information in case somebody faces the same scenario.