+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry into Canada whilst.....

sammiek123

May 16, 2014
Hi guys,

I have a few questions to ask and hoping that some forum members will be able to help me with my queries.
I have been approved with the IEC 2014 working visa and have until july2015 to enter and activate this.
Now I honestly do not know when I will be starting the visa but was wondering if I could activate this visa WHILE on a week holiday in Canada in June 2015, by supplying them the letter of introduction at the port of entry. By doing that my work visa will be activated by the expiry date, it's the only way I can keep my work visa valid until I go there and work. I don't want to forfeit the visa and would like to use it. Please tell me this is possible?
Other queries are:
Do you have to buy insurance for the whole of the visa stay?
How did you show proof of funds and how much?
The UK visa allows you to leave and re-enter often, is this also allowed for the Canada work visa or is there a limit?

If you could give me any feedback and advice in regards to my situation or who I can contact, it will be greatly appreciated! :D

Cheers,
Sammie

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sammiek123 said:
Hi guys,

I have a few questions to ask and hoping that some forum members will be able to help me with my queries.
I have been approved with the IEC 2014 working visa and have until july2015 to enter and activate this.
Now I honestly do not know when I will be starting the visa but was wondering if I could activate this visa WHILE on a week holiday in Canada in June 2015, by supplying them the letter of introduction at the port of entry. By doing that my work visa will be activated by the expiry date, it's the only way I can keep my work visa valid until I go there and work. I don't want to forfeit the visa and would like to use it. Please tell me this is possible?
Other queries are:
Do you have to buy insurance for the whole of the visa stay?
How did you show proof of funds and how much?
The UK visa allows you to leave and re-enter often, is this also allowed for the Canada work visa or is there a limit?

If you could give me any feedback and advice in regards to my situation or who I can contact, it will be greatly appreciated! :D

Cheers,
Sammie
1. Yes, it is possible, you will get an OWP for 1 year,
2. Yes, you insurance for the length of the IEC and must contain repatriation
3. You need to show $2500 in funds.
4. As a visitor visa exempt citizen, you can enter an leave as often as you wish.

sammiek123

May 16, 2014
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I feel better knowing that I will be able to activate the work visa whilst on a short holiday in Canada. Does that mean it will be sufficient to only have insurance for this short stay as it doesn't make sense buying for a longer period of time? What does OWP mean?
Sorry for not understanding.

Thanks again!
Sammie ;)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Open work permit meaning you are allowed to work for any employer in Canada.