+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ENTERING CANADA CONFUSION

cm2008

Jan 9, 2008
im british and living in the uk my wife is canadian and living in alberta i want to go to canada and apply for PR from within canada but im reading horrer stories about getting refused entry. im very confused by all of this because i came to canada in nov 06 to be with my wife i came with a one way ticket i had to go to the immigration officers desk and explain what my intentions are i told the officer that i was coming to apply for PR my wife was at arrivals waiting for me so the officer went and get her to answer some simple questions. i had to show our marriage cert and my wife had to prove her address and basically that was it i was given a 6 month pass it was attached to my passport then i was good to enter canada i had to leave after 3 months because of personal problems back in the uk so me and my wife decided to put everything on hold and not put the apllication in yet. but now im being told not to say that im applying for PR because they will refuse me entry im really confused because of my earlier experiance with coming to canada and everything was ok.

plz plz help

p.s because im from the uk does that mean i dont need any kind of TRV

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
I'm really surprised they let you in the first time.

There's no telling what they'll do this time. Just tell the truth like you did last time and hope for the best.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does not matter. You will be asked of a purpose of your visit, any way they will know your wife is in Canada, so you can have intentions to stay with her and apply for LR from inside... what else can you do?
Either apply from outside or take a risk at the Canadian airport, there is no garantee

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
you make me confuse , i dont see any problem while you have Canadian wife its her right to be with husband and yours to be with wife , impossible to refuse on your case , people who living in Canada as PR status while they are not Citizen they sponser their spouse and they get visas your wife is citizen of Canada hows that possible to Refuse your application well one good advise for you is that tell your wife try to speak with a immigration Lawyer there in Canada hope they have many ways to tell you but i dont see any problem while you british and she Canadian i dont see any problem, if you will buy one way ticket ofcourse you got trouble due to this because you was entring in Canada as a visiter that time as i know that EU Members dont require visa to Canada but they must buy return tickets so all those questions happend due to your one way ticket other wise Canada is Land who Welcome anyone from all over the world 250,000 people migrate there every year , i dont see any problem go ahead dear and Good luck

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maroraza said:
you make me confuse , i dont see any problem while you have Canadian wife its her right to be with husband and yours to be with wife , impossible to refuse on your case , people who living in Canada as PR status while they are not Citizen they sponser their spouse and they get visas your wife is citizen of Canada hows that possible to Refuse your application well one good advise for you is that tell your wife try to speak with a immigration Lawyer there in Canada hope they have many ways to tell you but i dont see any problem while you british and she Canadian i dont see any problem, if you will buy one way ticket ofcourse you got trouble due to this because you was entring in Canada as a visiter that time as i know that EU Members dont require visa to Canada but they must buy return tickets so all those questions happend due to your one way ticket other wise Canada is Land who Welcome anyone from all over the world 250,000 people migrate there every year , i dont see any problem go ahead dear and Good luck
Please learn a little about immigration before answering questions.

PMM

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
for your kind information i got immigration and i did everything by my self not like beggers like you who need help in these sites i saw this web few days ago and only trying help people if you feel you are perfect in this matter better start a firm , this forum means not you can give perfect answer to someone because its not a office of lawyer where you get advise and later pay if i right something here someone maybe correct me but you seems me teacher here because your behavior is like a stupid idot person every one is here learning how things work only you here Mr, Perfect , i am here learning by my answers and people's views and tell me Mr, Perfect what i typed wrong to this man ? show me my error in this answer ok last time i told other guy find a nearest Embassy to you and you told him Cario i didnt told him go to Europe and apply i said the same find nearest embassy to you because they can assist you , now what you have to say against my this answer ? i dont see any problem in this case and you give your veiws if i will be wrong i will learn from your answer other wise maybe you dont have knowlage in this matter now that you didnt gave him Good answer but came here to criticize my answers , go find some Doctor for you who first treat your brain and who tell you that on these forums people come to learn more so i came here share my experience and trying learn more but you here maybe for argue with people ,didnt mean to hurt you but you are not polite thats why i should give you reply this way because you didnt mention here what should he do but criticize my answer better tell him what should he do if i am wrong or if you have some more knowlage because he is in need
PMM said:
Hi

maroraza said:
Please learn a little about immigration before answering questions.

PMM

cm2008

Jan 9, 2008
well thanks for all your answers but im still not clear about all this just because i had no trouble first time should i get some kind of open return ticket to give me a better chance of entering ???

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maroraza , people on the forum want to get an KNOWLEDGEABLE answer, not just your "thoughts because you wish to help"

Unfortunately, your answers are not knowledgeable at all, so for people it would be better not to rely on them. But they can think you know something about the process when you do not...

So I guess you should refrain from giving advices or , if you still wish to do that , please, follow PMM's advice....

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
its not just my thoughts , and there is not problem go with return ticket if he is citizen of Uk even if he want so much to be in canada with wife he can one more thing to convert his citizenship but for this he have to gave up for uk citizenship because uk and Canada have Flaxibilty in this matter if you are canadian citizen or uk citizen you can convert your citizenship into any of them , my british friend converted his citizenship into Canadian so its not just my thoughts only sharing my Experience, Canada is under British kingdom thats why people can convert their citizenship if they wish to,
Regina said:
maroraza , people on the forum want to get an KNOWLEDGEABLE answer, not just your "thoughts because you wish to help"

Unfortunately, your answers are not knowledgeable at all, so for people it would be better not to rely on them. But they can think you know something about the process when you do not...

So I guess you should refrain from giving advices or , if you still wish to do that , please, follow PMM's advice....

cm2008

Jan 9, 2008
im probley gonna go with a open ended return ticket, if i do will immigration still give me a 6 month pass and what are my chances of a extension after the 6 months ??? coz i know my PR application is gonna take way over 6 months

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
you are permitted to stay in Canada for a period of up to 6 months. To obtain an extension, you will need to leave Canada and re-enter or apply in Canada for an extension.
http://www.justlanded.com/english/canada/tools/just_landed_guide/visas_permits/tourist_transit_visas
you can enter into USA as you dont require visa to USA spend one or two days there and re-enter to Canada there is no problem but maybe some people who read this answer they have problem to understand my answers and start stupid commentary on my answers so thats why i gave you link for prove that you can do it and you dont have to worry while you are British citizen you dont need visa to enter Canada you can take open Ticket you are not to bound but fix return date Ticket,

cm2008 said:
im probley gonna go with a open ended return ticket, if i do will immigration still give me a 6 month pass and what are my chances of a extension after the 6 months ??? coz i know my PR application is gonna take way over 6 months

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
what kind of problem you see in my answer you making him worry by saying stupid things he is british Citizen why you guys making him worry he dont need visa to enter a country then what kind of problem do you see ? of course its makes me Confuse a British Citizen who dont need visa and afraid to travel due to one stupid incident by canadian immigration officer and its only happend while he was travling on one way ticket thats why they asked few question but after this they allow him enter to country, so if someone is confuse and need Advise give him good advise not make him worry while there isnt any problem to enter in a country,

Regina said:

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
cm2008 said:
When you apply for your PR, you apply for an extension of the visa at the same time. It's pretty much automatic that you get it. Read about it here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289E10.asp