+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entered India on E-Visa - Got OCI - How to extend stay for more than 180 days

anvi10

Jul 5, 2024
Hello Everyone,

My Little one who is 1 year old went to India on E-Visa with his grandmother in Feb 2024. We got his OCI delivered here in Canada in March. He is going to stay more than 180 days in India. How can we convert his stay from E-visa 180 days limit to OCI unlimited stay ? Is there a way to convert his E-Visa stay to OCI ?

We initially had so many plans but due to the changing and evolving situations we couldn't go see him in India any time soon [ initial plan was to take him out of country to Dubai and re-enter India with OCI which is not possible now.]

Another option I am considering is to apply for his Visa Extension through the E-FRRO portal, Can I do this extension while he holds both E-Visa and OCI ?

I am confused a lot because of this, Please if anyone has been through this situation help us out.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
You should send the OCI with your family/friends/relative to India and then contact FRRO to change status from e-visa to OCI.
If FRRO does not request for original OCI you can skip the OCI sending part.

786sandyji

Feb 1, 2024
What are the steps to apply OCI from India? Minor son is on e-visa and want to stay in India longer than 180 days.
Please help