+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entered Given name instead of family name

Aninkukichu

Nov 27, 2019
Hi all,

I accidently entered my given name instead of family name in my student visa application. What should i do...my biometrics were all properly done....already informed ircc via webform about my situation.

Regards
Aninkukichu

vishnu9211

May 25, 2022
I did the same mistake and raised the webform. Until now nothing got changed and my biometrics are not updated.

Aninkukichu

Nov 27, 2019
Hi Vishnu! Did you check if your biometrics number and validity dates are mentioned in your GC Key? For me its mentioned on the right side but in the status it says waiting for biometrics. Really worried! There's absolutely no instructions on the IRCC website regarding this kind of an error.

vishnu9211

May 25, 2022
Yes, same for me as well. Biometrics number and validity showing on the right side of my GC key. I tried contacting IRCC but no use

sg0007

Jun 6, 2022
Hi,
I am in the same situation . I applied for my Mother's visa and put surname for first name and given name for surname. I have received the biometrics request but the document has got the name in wrong order as well? I have sent the query visa webfrm. Shall i wait for name to be corrected before going for biometrics? Have you guys got it fixed?

vishnu9211

May 25, 2022
When do you have your biometrics? Go ahead with your biometrics and then let them know about the mixed names then raise webform after biometrics. I'm waiting for a month still my names are not corrected.

sg0007

Jun 6, 2022
I still have to book the dates for biometrics. I was in dilemma if i should wait or should send my mother for biometrics.

vishnu9211

May 25, 2022
I don't think they would change it at the earliest, however, for some they have done. if you're in Canada then try calling IRCC.

sg0007

Jun 6, 2022
yes. they are not picking up. i will keep on trying., so is it recommendable to get biometrics done. confused with that.

vishnu9211

May 25, 2022
Yes, I would say go ahead with biometrics. In the centre, they will enrol with the correct name format; After that raise a webform and explain IRCC. Your biometrics on the portal won't get updated until the name is in the correct format. However, you can see your biometrics number and validity on the top right.

Reactions: sg0007

sg0007

Jun 6, 2022
Thank you. Ok i will take the biometrics appointment and raise the webform indicating and asking for the name change again.

sg0007

Jun 6, 2022
No. The name on the main page is still in wrong order. Inside the application it’s corrected. On the top right above biometrics detailed. But I guess until it’s fixed on main appl. Biometrics will not be showed completed.