+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ENQUIRY ABOUT GETTING SP AND TRV EXTENDED

SRahman_94

Jun 11, 2014
Hello and Assalamu'alaikum to all my brothers and sisters in this forum.

I have a few queries for which I would really appreciate getting all of your valuable input.

I am an international student from Bangladesh. I am going to be coming to Canada, In Sha Allah, in August to pursue my Undergraduate Higher Studies.
Now, my MRP Passport has an expiration date of July 2015 (it was issued in July 2010), but my study course ends on April 2018. I have applied for Study Permit using this Passport as it is still valid for a year, and also as I cannot get it renewed until 6 months prior to its expiry. From what I understand, if all my documentation is okay, and my visa is approved, then I will be issued a TRV and a Study permit which will not exceed the the expiry of my passport.
SO my queries are as follows:
1.Is it going to be a problem if I get my new MRP passport once I am in Canada (from Bangladeshi Embassy in Ottawa)
2.Is this "extending Study Permit and TRV" a common phenomenon, and is it an easier process than applying for them for the first time?
3.Has anybody (Bangladeshis particularly) had to experience something similar? If so, what was your experience
4.After I get my Passport renewed, can I get my Study permit extension and TRV on the new Passport?

Thank you for taking the time to read through my questions and I would really appreciate any feedback about any of my queries.
Best wishes to you all. :)