+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

english language scores

Saraii

Apr 28, 2013
CIC has stated that "If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC 0 or A job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7" which means Listening=6, reading=6, speaking=6,writing=6 (this is the threshold that we have to meet??? if we miss one we are not eligible to apply?)
How about those who gained their skilled work experience outside Canada in NOC A?
I got:
Listening=7
reading=8
speaking=7
writing=5.5!!! ------ which was so unanticipated and sad!!!
So they wont assess my case and am not eligible to apply for FSW?
I should sit for another IELTS exam?
Please If you have any Info on this matter help me
Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you need to take the exam again. Your score is not good enough for FSW. If you apply with these results, your FSW application will be automatically refused.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Saraii said:
CIC has stated that "If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC 0 or A job, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7" which means Listening=6, reading=6, speaking=6,writing=6 (this is the threshold that we have to meet??? if we miss one we are not eligible to apply?)
How about those who gained their skilled work experience outside Canada in NOC A?
I got:
Listening=7
reading=8
speaking=7
writing=5.5!!! ------ which was so unanticipated and sad!!!
So they wont assess my case and am not eligible to apply for FSW?
I should sit for another IELTS exam?
Please If you have any Info on this matter help me
Thank you in advance
you can apply for FSW. CLB 7 means u need to achieve 6 band in each module and u will get 4 points for each. Now, for instance, if anybody takes band 6,6,6,5.5 then points will be 4+4+4+0=12 so u have good band. Dont worry, u can apply but remember ur overall points should be 67.

Saraii

Apr 28, 2013
Dear waqar.ahmad150
Hi,
Thank you so much for yr reply. Honestly, I am so stressful and confused and cant make a decision. I have more than 6 years experience, masters degree, and ... my points would be 68 even if I calculate my english points as: Listening=4, reading=6, speaking=5,writing=0
But when I saw this statement "i.e. must meet the minimum level of CLB 7" in CIC website, I became suspicious and really scared. I dont know really is it possible that they reject me as they see the 5.5 for writing!!!
I tried to find an authorized organization to consult regarding this matter but so far nothing!!!
Thanks again
Kind regards

Saraii

Apr 28, 2013
Dear scylla
Thank u so much for yr reply.
Do you know any authorized organization regarding to this matter? I am not sure how strict they are!! I am going to sit for another exam but I am worried what if some thing happens again!!
Wish me luck
Kind regards

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp it says:

Language ability

You must meet minimum language levels and include the results of a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) when you apply that shows you meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7.
and if you look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-language.asp#fnb1 it says:

Calculate your language points

You must meet the minimum level of CLB 7 for your first official language in all four language areas.
In earlier days, you could have gotten away with less English if you had made it up with points from other categories but this is no longer the case.

You should take the IELTS again and try to improve your score.