+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English girl moving to Vancouver really needs help

Londonlady31

May 15, 2012
Hi,

I am a English Girl and moving to Vancouver in September. I am coming over as a tourist for 4 months, whilst I am there I am going to be looking for work. I cannot get a holiday working visa as I am 31 so the only option is to get a job or marry my boyfriend there, I would rather find a job instead of the later at the stage.

I have worked for well known companies in digital marketing for several years in London, I am very experienced in what I do and although I do not have a college education this has not stopped me having a successful career in media. If I can find a job would it be possible for an employer to arrange my visa if they can prove they cannot find anyone else suitable? Would it be a problem if this was arranged whilst I was there on a holiday visa as I am going to tell immigration that I am over to see friends so obviously during that period my status could change. I am just curious to see if this situation happens very often or does the idiviual already have their own working visa?

I am also concerned when I come over in September if immigration will let me come through for 4 months, if I have the below documents is it likely I will be taken away and interrogated or will this be figured out at the desk based on providing this evidence? I will not mention I am there to stay with my boyfriend and I can give my friends addresss for my place of residence whilst there insteead.

-Banks statement to show I have enough funds whilst there
-Rental lease for my property in London, this was signed in June and runs to next May.
-Medical Insurance
-Return ticket
-In terms of a job, I am giving up my job in London to move. If it a good idea to say that I was made me redundant and I am having a career break? What is the best reason to give for me coming to Canada for 4 months?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

:) :D :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Londonlady31 said:
What is the best reason to give for me coming to Canada for 4 months?

Thanks for any help you can give me,

:) :D :)
How about vacationing ;D? Life is good!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Giving up your job is losing one of your strongest ties to your home country. I know you are coming from a visa exempt country, but if asked about employment saying that you quit or were made redundant still shows that your prospects are weaker than if you have a job.

Londonlady31

May 15, 2012
Thanks for the advice but if I don't quit my job then I can not go away for 3 months so it is a catch 22. I don't understand why it is an issue as plenty people have a career break and if I have funds to support myself whilst away.

Thanks,

Jen

lily21

Jul 8, 2012
I don't know how possible it might be for you to get a job in cad without qualifications.... I mean if your job was to be on the Noc list you would need to show them (cic) that you are qualified in terms of education and work experience for the job. Again you shouldn't really be looking for work while your a tourist as not many employers would pay you much attention, anyhow I won't discourage you but why dont you apply for a one year course or something ? Atleast after that you can get the pgwp which will enable you get Canadian work experience and hopefully within that time you can get an employer who would be willing to sponsor you?? Just a suggestion x

Londonlady31

May 15, 2012
Thanks for you help. I know the college education is important but despite this I have 12 year work experience in Marketing as well as working in the Cayman Island and Dubai so hopefully that can show an employer I am adaptable to a new environment, I am hoping this will be more important as in the UK it always has been as I could have a college education but have no real valuable experience.

I am just really stuck as my boyfriend and I want to be together and there really doesn't seem to be any other short term opitions at this point.

I looked into courses but I don't want to spend the next year studying and also it cost a fortune to do so, I would rather go away for 3 months and see what my options are whilst there. My main concern is just being allowed to come over for the 3 months seeing as I don't have proof of a job to come back too in the UK.

Thanks again. x

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
You cant just work while you are a tourist. Otherwise lots pf visa exempt ppl would do that. You would have to get an LMO which takes time and it would be very hard in this economy to find a employer willing to file one for you, even if they did service Canada wont approve it. Lots pf unemloyed Canadians in those areas, your employer would have to show a Canadian cant be found for the job.

Londonlady31

May 15, 2012
I am fully aware that I will not be able to work whilst there as a tourist that is why I am coming over with proof of funds that will more than cover my stay. All I am looking to do is find a solution to staying in Canada to be with the man I love and the only option is to get a job, we could just get married and get a visa like that which lots of people seem to do but I want to do it in an honest way.

R

refugee709

When you arrive at t
he airport. CIC will stamp your passport for 6 months