+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference Letters - how to proceed if unable to get required details

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mark29 said:
Hello, question, let's say my supervisor is willing to provide a reference letter for me, should it be using the company letter head, or plain paper will be fine?Thanks
If your supervisor is authorized to issue letters printed on letterhead, then go for it. If not, then get it on a plain paper, get it notarized and submit it with an LOE, supervisor's visiting card and copy of supervisor's empolyee id.

If you are looking for a format, then you can modify the below format as per your requirement.

This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html).

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>
[/quote]

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Stanlee said:
If your supervisor is authorized to issue letters printed on letterhead, then go for it. If not, then get it on a plain paper, get it notarized and submit it with an LOE, supervisor's visiting card and copy of supervisor's empolyee id.

If you are looking for a format, then you can modify the below format as per your requirement.

This is in line with the requirement that has been mentioned in the OINP Application Guide (http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html).

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>
Wow..Thanks for this. I dont think he can provide the letter using the letter head..I will try this format..Are there any known positive result from cases where an applicant passed the reference letter from a Supervisor only and not using the letter head?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately it seems that CIC does not seem to accept 'non-letterhead' reference letters. I suppose if you're doing it in a plain sheet of paper might be worth getting notarized. Don't know how much will help.

I'm doing one of my affidavits on a plain sheet of paper as my first employer closed down and I am unable to locate him. Not sure if this will even work. I did get my affidavit Notarized.

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
JoacRy said:
Unfortunately it seems that CIC does not seem to accept 'non-letterhead' reference letters. I suppose if you're doing it in a plain sheet of paper might be worth getting notarized. Don't know how much will help.

I'm doing one of my affidavits on a plain sheet of paper as my first employer closed down and I am unable to locate him. Not sure if this will even work. I did get my affidavit Notarized.
Does the affidavits require to be with the referee when the lawyer notarize it?

alvirahuda

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If you already have valid reference letter for 3 years of foreign work experience (NOC 0/A/B, paid, within 10 years), you're safe on the CRS front.

Make sure you reach 67/100 without needing anything from your current job. If you do, no worries.
Dear
Can u Pls help me out with reference letter.I worked for 4 years with a multinational company, however I asked for jd and they provided me general one.
And as they r multinational they r not going to modify a bit.

Bow I m in a problem with noc. If I management of my colleague to sign in a letter head would that b ok?

I will provide, salary certificate, jd,and mentioning that I was a permanent employee.

Should I keep my previous designation or match and give designation of noc?
Pls suggest

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Check this topic --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/employer-hr-refuses-official-job-letter-with-addnl-detailed-job-duties-t316445.0.html

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
If you already have valid reference letter for 3 years of foreign work experience (NOC 0/A/B, paid, within 10 years), you're safe on the CRS front.

Make sure you reach 67/100 without needing anything from your current job. If you do, no worries.
Dear Asivad,

I am in the similar situation.Any and all advise will be great !!

- I have shown 8 years of experience on my EE profile.
- Now after receiving the invitation, the current job which contributes to 1 year of the total work experience; i cant obtain reference letters.All i can get is - offer letter, official payslips stamped, salary certificate letter stating everything other than job and duties, official job description on company letter head stamped.
- Shall i proceed by just uploading whatever supporting's i have and mentioning in LOE. OR Shall i delete this experience and show it in the personal history ?

Please advise Asivad