+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter - Salary Change!!

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi I need help !
I was working till now on hourly basis and my monthly pay used to fluctuate due to changes in my work hours. However form my last pay I have been put on a fixed salary. Do I need to include anything related to my hourly pay in my employment letter for PR or I can just give my current fixed annual pay. I have two employment letters now one which states about hourly pay and one which states the new fixed salary income. Please help with this if I need to include my old hourly pay to the new employment letter which states current fixed salary

Thank you

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
can somebody help. im in BOWP, i have provincial nomination and my employer supporting my PR application. since I am BOWP can I leave my employer while waiting for the confirmation? or do I have to wait until the decision has made? Thanks

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi I need help !
I was working till now on hourly basis and my monthly pay used to fluctuate due to changes in my work hours. However form my last pay I have been put on a fixed salary. Do I need to include anything related to my hourly pay in my employment letter for PR or I can just give my current fixed annual pay. I have two employment letters now one which states about hourly pay and one which states the new fixed salary income. Please help with this if I need to include my old hourly pay to the new employment letter which states current fixed salary

Thank you
The latest salary is fine to use. You’re working full time on both occasions?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
can somebody help. im in BOWP, i have provincial nomination and my employer supporting my PR application. since I am BOWP can I leave my employer while waiting for the confirmation? or do I have to wait until the decision has made? Thanks
When you say “my employer is supporting my PR application”, they’re paying for it or a job offer is tied to you provincial nomination?

“Note: Foreign nationals in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are eligible for a BOWP only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with their application, and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.”

if you’re previous work permit is an open one and there’s not restrictions on your PNC, I think your free to go. It’d be awkward conversation with your employer if they already paid your processing fees and you left, right?But that’s your situation.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to switch if your BOWP is based on closed work permit though. If you’d be allowed to leave.

plus if your PNC has restrictions, like it’s tied to a job offer. Your employer can call up IRCC to indicate you no longer have the job offer which could jeopardize your PR application. You are also required to inform IRCC if you loose a job offer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi, I need help.
I have been on the same position at my work over a period of 1 year, however I have got raises in my salary. Should I mention the latest salary or all the salaries that I had for the same position. I am applying for CEC
Thanks in advance

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi, I need help.
I have been on the same position at my work over a period of 1 year, however I have got raises in my salary. Should I mention the latest salary or all the salaries that I had for the same position. I am applying for CEC
Thanks in advance
Just the latest salary will be enough.