+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Details For CEC Application

Jun 14, 2024
Hello,

I'm in a situation where my foreign experience with two of my previous employers is a concern as they are unable to provide me with the required documents. I am only claiming points for my 1yr 11 months experience with one employer. While the other two employers with one for 4 months and the other for 1 month are unable to provide me the required documents.

Will it be okay to just put those two employments as a part of personal history?

Points fetched from my foreign experience (applicant with spouse) - 38

Also, for my wife (dependent), since we are not claiming any points for her experience (Canada and foreign experience), can we put up all of her experience in her Personal history?

Thank you

justaguy12

Jul 8, 2023
Hello,

I'm in a situation where my foreign experience with two of my previous employers is a concern as they are unable to provide me with the required documents. I am only claiming points for my 1yr 11 months experience with one employer. While the other two employers with one for 4 months and the other for 1 month are unable to provide me the required documents.

Will it be okay to just put those two employments as a part of personal history?

Also, for my wife (dependent), since we are not claiming any points for her experience (Canada and foreign experience), can we put up all of her experience in her Personal history?

Thank you
you can put them in personal history as long as after those 38 points you're losing won't put you lower than the draw cut off.

Jun 14, 2024
you can put them in personal history as long as after those 38 points you're losing won't put you lower than the draw cut off.
I won't be losing 38 points as such as I reported the same 1yr 11months experience during the profile creation. I do have all the required documentation for that experience so I'll be claiming those points. Its just that the seperate two experiences dont count in this 1yr 11 months time frame and I wont be claiming any points on those short duration.

Reactions: justaguy12

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

Thank you
I was advised by my immigration lawyer to keep my spouse's work foreign work exp under personal history as it reduces the need for adding documents. I did that and it worked very well for me.

Reactions: yes_its_me