+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer sponsoring a Live-in Caregiver including daughter. possible?

dyLanjill

Jan 20, 2010
a friend of mine found an employer who is willing to sponsor her and her daughter. the employer is here in Canada and my friend is somewhere in Asia. I just want to know is it possible? i mean the whole sponsorship including her daughter. im thinking its possible if the employer have no problem with sponsoring both of them. btw, its a live-in caregiver thing.

what do u think? have u heard something like this before? and if so, what happened?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dyLanjill said:
a friend of mine found an employer who is willing to sponsor her and her daughter. the employer is here in Canada and my friend is somewhere in Asia. I just want to know is it possible? i mean the whole sponsorship including her daughter. im thinking its possible if the employer have no problem with sponsoring both of them. btw, its a live-in caregiver thing.

what do u think? have u heard something like this before? and if so, what happened?
Hi,

From Operation Manual for Live in Caregivers:

5.11. Family members who wish to accompany a live-in caregiver on a LCP work permit
Family members do not normally accompany live-in caregivers who are coming to Canada on a
LCP work permit. Even when an employer agrees that a family member may reside with the
caregiver in the residence of the persons for whom they are providing care, there are no
guarantees that any subsequent employer would agree to the same terms. Furthermore, the
income of the caregiver may not be sufficient to care for and support a family member in Canada.

Live-in caregivers who wish to bring their family member(s) with them while they are on a work
permit will not be permitted to do so unless they satisfy an officer that they have sufficient funds to
care for and support the family member(s) in Canada and the family member(s) are not otherwise
inadmissible and they have permission to live in the home of the person(s) for whom they are
providing care.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op14-eng.pdf