+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer reference letters

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Hi.. i have received the clearance from CIO and need to forward my documents to New Delhi.
While going through the checklist i found out that reference letters stating roles, designation, compensation along with company seal and visiting card of the person signing the letter is required. I followed up with my old companies and they were not ready to issue such letter and advised to use relieving letter only as the last reference from the company.

Seniors please help, and advise what if am not able to provide these letters. Can relieving letter still be used as the last reference from the company.

Thanks

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
bhumyinder said:
Hi.. i have received the clearance from CIO and need to forward my documents to New Delhi.
While going through the checklist i found out that reference letters stating roles, designation, compensation along with company seal and visiting card of the person signing the letter is required. I followed up with my old companies and they were not ready to issue such letter and advised to use relieving letter only as the last reference from the company.

Seniors please help, and advise what if am not able to provide these letters. Can relieving letter still be used as the last reference from the company.

Thanks
- You have mentioned that you have relieving letters from old company, so that's good thing. I hope you would have appointment letter also, does that say anything about your role & responsibilities. If no, can you get (notarized) reference letters from 2 ex-colleagues, they can confirm your working period & role/responsibilities in that.

If you can manage above things, that would be helpful, VO will call your (old) office to confirm, so you would be good to go.

You should be good if you submit following,

-Appointment letter
-Relieving letter
-Reference letters from ex-colleague

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Thanks so much for the kind reply.
My only question is that reference letters from ex-colleagues will not be on the company letter head, as they have already left the company.
Please advise.

Thanks

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
bhumyinder said:
Thanks so much for the kind reply.
My only question is that reference letters from ex-colleagues will not be on the company letter head, as they have already left the company.
Please advise.

Thanks
Notarized copy (if you are in India, then on Rs. 50 stamp paper & notary public's stamp+sign).

bhumyinder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Thanks so much... One more query is that after receiving the letter from CIO, how long does it take to receive the Visa, if documents are all clean.

Cheers!!

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_dream100 said:
VO will call your (old) office to confirm, so you would be good to go.

You should be good if you submit following,

-Appointment letter
-Relieving letter
-Reference letters from ex-colleague
hello. so will vo absolutely call the old company ? is this a 100 % thing? coz some of them usually do not answer strange calls only voicemail left...

ipog

Star Member
Jul 22, 2010
Hi Seniors - I have only the experience certificate given to me by the earlier employer. I do not have the Appointment letter. I cannot get copy of the same now since the entire Management got changed. What should I do in such circumstance. Your comments please.