+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EMERGENCY - Post-Grad Work Permit (PGWP) Question.

InterStudent

Oct 29, 2011
Hi everyone,

I just read the PGWP session on this website.
In order to apply for the PGWP, I "must have studied full-time for the eight months preceding the completion of their program".

I am currently studying my last semester as a full-time student; but before this, I was working as a coop student (this made they considered me as a part-time student and took away my off-campus work permit). Will I still be eligible to apply for the PGWP?

Please note that my program is a 2-year one. I had studied full-time for 3 consecutive semesters, then worked as a coop student for 8 straight months.

Anyone had gone through my situation?

Any helps will really be appreciated.
Best regards.

InterStudent

Oct 29, 2011
This seems to be better - "have studied full time for at least eight months prior to the completion of their program of study" -- Service Canada.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
InterStudent said:
Hi everyone,

I just read the PGWP session on this website.
In order to apply for the PGWP, I "must have studied full-time for the eight months preceding the completion of their program".

I am currently studying my last semester as a full-time student; but before this, I was working as a coop student (this made they considered me as a part-time student and took away my off-campus work permit). Will I still be eligible to apply for the PGWP?

Please note that my program is a 2-year one. I had studied full-time for 3 consecutive semesters, then worked as a coop student for 8 straight months.

Anyone had gone through my situation?

Any helps will really be appreciated.
Best regards.
Hi,

Your co-op term can't be more thn 50% of your course duration. Your course is of 2 year duration (means 16 academic months) and you did 8 months of co-op term. Exactly half of your course duration.

InterStudent

Oct 29, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

Your co-op term can't be more thn 50% of your course duration. Your course is of 2 year duration (means 16 academic months) and you did 8 months of co-op term. Exactly half of your course duration.
Thank you for your reply, enfield.

So basically, everything should be fine right? I shouldn't have any problem requesting a PGWP, should I?
I just want to be sure... ???

Thanks.