+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

CanadaItIs

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Strangely, today morning I received a message from CIC requesting to pay a fee called 'Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)' of CAD 490 per applicant. Is it the same fee which I paid while submitting documents (AOR) for the ITA I received? I had already paid application processing fees at the time of submitting application.

So, can somebody help me in understanding if there is some problem here? The message reads that unless I pay this fee, CIC will not approve my application :eek: :eek:

The message reads as below:

#############

Dear XXX,

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing: you will be contacted if additional information is required for that.

Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if applicable.

If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire which would delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps

- Go to our Online Payment webpage
- Read the instructions on each page, and click "Continue" to proceed
- Select the "Immigration" link, followed by "Right of Permanent Residence Fee"
- Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
- Click "Submit"
- Proceed to pay your fees by selection "Pay" and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa, American Express or Mastercard

Once the payment process is complete, the website will display your official receipt in PDF format. You must upload a copy of your receipt to your MyCIC account.

The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

Your response to the above requests is required within 7 days.

Regards,

####################

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
CanadaItIs said:
Hi All,

Strangely, today morning I received a message from CIC requesting to pay a fee called 'Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)' of CAD 490 per applicant. Is it the same fee which I paid while submitting documents (AOR) for the ITA I received? I had already paid application processing fees at the time of submitting application.

So, can somebody help me in understanding if there is some problem here? The message reads that unless I pay this fee, CIC will not approve my application :eek: :eek:

The message reads as below:

#############

Dear XXX,

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing: you will be contacted if additional information is required for that.

Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if applicable.

If you delay the payment of the RPRF, your security or medical results may expire which would delay the issuance of your visas. We therefore encourage you to pay the RPRF as soon as possible, by following these steps

- Go to our Online Payment webpage
- Read the instructions on each page, and click "Continue" to proceed
- Select the "Immigration" link, followed by "Right of Permanent Residence Fee"
- Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
- Click "Submit"
- Proceed to pay your fees by selection "Pay" and then follow the instructions to pay with Visa, American Express or Mastercard

Once the payment process is complete, the website will display your official receipt in PDF format. You must upload a copy of your receipt to your MyCIC account.

The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa.

Your response to the above requests is required within 7 days.

Regards,

####################
Are you single applicant?

You can login your mycic account and go to submitted application, at the bottom it will show you that you paid the fees then you may take a screenshot and send it via CSE

Reactions: Adanac11

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
There's 2 fees to be paid for PR

- Processing fee : $475
- RPRF: $490

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

You may not have paid both at application time.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
devnill said:
There's 2 fees to be paid for PR

- Processing fee : $475
- RPRF: $490

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

You may not have paid both at application time.
PR application fee $550
RPRF $490

Total 1040 for 1 applicant.

CanadaItIs

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all for the help. Yes, I think I paid only $550 at the time of submitting application. So, this is email to pay the remaining CAD 490.

CanadaItIs

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I paid the fees and now have receipt ready for uploading in to MyCIC application.

I don't find any location where I can upload it. All the forms in documents section is in 'Transmitted' state. So do I withdraw any form, upload the receipt and the resubmit the application?

Thanks in advance!!

CanadaItIs said:
Thanks all for the help. Yes, I think I paid only $550 at the time of submitting application. So, this is email to pay the remaining CAD 490.

CanadaItIs

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Can someone please guide me where should I upload the receipt of fees payment?
Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
CanadaItIs said:
Hi All,

Can someone please guide me where should I upload the receipt of fees payment?
Thanks in advance!!

Cheers,
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Fill this and upload the receipt and submit

cagovindsingh

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Dear All,

I am in a similar situation (Did not pay RPRF/ Landing fee upfront), however my specific issues and questions are -
1. I received the request to submit passports (From Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE) on 28 June 2017 and never received the request to pay landing fees. I submitted my passports on 23 July 2017.
2. Since I knew that landing fee has to be paid I just did online research and based on that I paid the fee as described above and uploaded the receipt to the link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx on 29 July 2017.
3. Even after the above, I have not received any intimation from the Embassy. Not even an e-mail to pay landing fee just in case my payment of 29 July 2017 was not updated in their systems yet.

My questions are -
1. Is this situation normal
2. How long CIC takes to update the payment of landing fee in their systems to the local Embassy can see
3. Its already 3 weeks since I submitted my passports, any guesses on how much longer it could take.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Vimee

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Singh,

I am also facing the same hurdle in my application, Could you advise me how you have gone through and your experience.

Thanks,

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
Yesterday at 1:50 PM
Hi
I have a question related to letter of content of RPRF .

I received an email from NDVO saying Pay the Right to permanent residence fees FOR YOU .
As in my case i am the prime applicant and my wife is dependent
Can you please help me in explaining that ?

Thanks
Kind Regards
Gary

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Yesterday at 1:50 PM
Hi
I have a question related to letter of content of RPRF .

I received an email from NDVO saying Pay the Right to permanent residence fees FOR YOU .
As in my case i am the prime applicant and my wife is dependent
Can you please help me in explaining that ?

Thanks
Kind Regards
Gary

You need to pay $490 for each and upload receipt through web query.

Reactions: gary007

Fshawky

Jun 22, 2018
Cairo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello,

Could anyone please help? I received a message requesting RPRF.. However, it says: "This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 XXXXXXXXXX - XXXXX XXX XXXXX XXXXXX:
 RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee"

The Xs here stand for MY UCI and my full name.

Does anyone know if that means I am required to submit anything other than the payment receipt. I am worried the first point would also be a requested document.

Thanks in advance !