+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Frenchie1980

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Hi all,

I have been reading this topic for a while and would like to join the thread !
I am in the same boat...and I am also in Montreal so getting worried that I may still have to wait for a very long time.... :mad:

Here is my timeline:

Application sent: Jan 26th 2016
Acknowledgement of receipt: March 16th 2016
started processing my application: March 16th 2016
Then I received an email about the secondary review on April 28th 2016
Absolutely nothing new since then...and I am well above the 730 days (around 1095 days in fact)
Looking at other people's timeline, I am hopeful to get my card soon but again not sure in which office my file is stuck!

I have to fly to France next week with my baby and we have decided to come back through Burlington, VT and my husband will pick us up by car. Hope not to run into any issues.
This is really inconvenient especially as I will have to travel with 3 months old baby on such a long journey but getting a travel document in Paris would have been too much of a hassle.

Keeping my fingers crossed to receive it soon !!
Good luck to all !!

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Frenchie1980 said:
Hi all,

I am in the same boat...and I am also in Montreal so getting worried that I may still have to wait for a very long time.... :mad:

Here is my timeline:

Absolutely nothing new since then...and I am well above the 730 days (around 1095 days in fact)
Looking at other people's timeline, I am hopeful to get my card soon but again not sure in which office my file is stuck!

I have to fly to France next week with my baby and we have decided to come back through Burlington, VT and my husband will pick us up by car. Hope not to run into any issues.
This is really inconvenient especially as I will have to travel with 3 months old baby on such a long journey but getting a travel document in Paris would have been too much of a hassle.

Good luck to all !!
Hi Frenchie1980, Welcome to the group!
I added you to the list.

Here's the updated list (ordered by secondary review referral date :-\

Dec 2015: tonymiz✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Jan 2016: Osama912✔, bahaar*, harshalp✔, KITJ, quari_gupta08✔
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, Mrmr*, NSL✔
Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27✔, peace65✔, jnasarat, brent16✔, ALGHope✔, mmha✔
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔, US123 <hubby &wife>✔, enmbs✔, TonyL✔, Frenchie1980
May 2016: MatQue, davidT321
Jun 2016: Chuc, torhout13*✔
Jul 2016: Loulita, Kissyred*, Dribble✔
Aug2016: shu0322, BetSu
Sep 2016: quasar81, Saga
Oct. 2016: Penguin23, Happy123456789, Ramkris, ohalawani, *_GAK_*
Nov2016: peardroppop, Sayadil, jaycue
Dec 2016 : Asif007

* indicates additional information/documents requested
✔ indicates PR card approved

Frenchie1980

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Kissyred said:
No problem!
I too keeping my fingers crossed that you will have your card soon so you will have a more comfortable trip with your baby.
Thanks! I hope so too but I am leaving on Friday so I doubt I will get it by then :(

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
101 pages of people discussing about secondary review,
Well I went through lots of comments (obviously not all of them),
But I don't understand why there is secondary review. Secondary review is not that bad issue but the delay is the actual problem. Is there anything common in all the cases those which goes into the Secondary review.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
yes laziness of cic by not touching files for months together

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
They received my application in May 2016 and after more than 2 months they started processing it. They never sent me an Email that my case needs secondary review and when I go online to check my status there is nothing about secondary review. It only mentions that they started processing on ...July 2016.
I only found out about secondary review after I called them and asked them about my PR card in September. Is it unusual that they do not send me any Email about secondary review?
By the way they said on phone that it went for secondary review in August, in case you want to add me to the list.

Cameron2020

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Your list shows it takes 9 months or a little less to hear from them or get the card which is a good news. I heard 1 or 1.5 or 2 years!

Have you heard that they ask someone to go there and meet them????

I don't know how that emoticon went there! I didn't put it.

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Cameron2020 said:
They received my application in May 2016 and after more than 2 months they started processing it. They never sent me an Email that my case needs secondary review and when I go online to check my status there is nothing about secondary review. It only mentions that they started processing on ...July 2016.
I only found out about secondary review after I called them and asked them about my PR card in September. Is it unusual that they do not send me any Email about secondary review?
By the way they said on phone that it went for secondary review in August, in case you want to add me to the list.
Hi Cameron,
My application landed in secondary review three months after they received my application as well and learn about it when I called them But as I reviewed the email they sent me in July when they asked for my passport copies they mention about additional delay.
They seems to be moving closer on our favor now so goodluck to all of us.
I added you to the list, btw.

Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27✔, peace65✔, jnasarat, brent16✔, ALGHope✔, mmha✔
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔, US123 <hubby &wife>✔, enmbs✔, TonyL✔, Frenchie1980
Aug2016: shu0322, BetSu, Cameron2020

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
ramkris said:
yes laziness of cic by not touching files for months together
I am not sure, but I am trying to understand them better, By understanding mistakes we can avoid or minimize the SR.
My Guess for Secondry review could be:

0) Hiding information or not being honest
1) Frequent visits outside Canada.
2) Not living in Canada soon after receiving PR card.
3) Submitting unnecessary docs, even if they dont ask for it.
4) No work or education in Canada in past 3 years
5) May be they are just Randomly sending files to secondary review.

Frenchie1980

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Frenchie1980 said:
Hi all,

Here is my timeline:

Good luck to all !!
Hi all,

This morning I checked the status of my application and just saw that my PR card has been sent by post on January 30th!! Very happy about it and really keeping my fingers crossed that I receive it by Friday as I'm leaving on vacation on that day! I would be able to change my return flight to a direct flight back to Canada instead of having to travel through the US!!
Good luck to all of you who have been waiting ! It took a year since I sent out my application!

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Maybe if you are not in the same situation, you cannot understand what people are going through. The stress of not having a card in case of emergency is very tough. Not questioning if our file is in secondary review but the lenght of waiting time is a little difficult to deal with.

Anyway this forum is to understand and have emphathy for members who are down and be happy to those who got their card.Cheers guys!!

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Frenchie1980 said:
Hi all,

This morning I checked the status of my application and just saw that my PR card has been sent by post on January 30th!! Very happy about it and really keeping my fingers crossed that I receive it by Friday as I'm leaving on vacation on that day! I would be able to change my return flight to a direct flight back to Canada instead of having to travel through the US!!
Good luck to all of you who have been waiting ! It took a year since I sent out my application!
Congratulations Frenchie1980,,,, wow, wow so happy for you!
Thank you for letting us know, enjoy your trip with your bundle of joy. :-*

Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔, US123 <hubby &wife>✔, enmbs✔, TonyL✔, Frenchie1980✔
Aug2016: shu0322, BetSu, Cameron2020