Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
splendor said:
Thanks KPRS. I was just reading thru your post on the same topic. Although my HR is ready to talk, CIC should be ready to call them! Hoping against hope now. Will let you'll know the outcome, whenever it comes and whatever it is.
Yes, I would like to join that thread too. Because it will help us and others to understand this employment letter issue better and act accordingly!
BTW, what is your NOC?

inayatH

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
splendor said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I had applied for PR under the CEC in March 2013. My application status is "in process" and I received my MR in October and that has been completed and sent to CIC. In my GCMS notes applied in October, I can see that eligibility is set to "Passed" by CIO. But I have now received a email from CIC asking me to submit an employment letter. The email states,

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

· UCI ######## - Applicant name:
· > Employment Letter: An official, dated document from XXX Canada printed on company letterhead stating how long you have worked there, from start date to end date (if applicable), how many hours per week you work on average, a detailed description of your actual position(s) including the duties you actually performed (not a list copied from a third party source), the physical location(s) of your work, and the name and contact information of the human resources professional providing the letter, including telephone number. This must be received at this office by: 12/21/2013
"

The problem is that my company, a US based IT MNC operating in Canada, simply refuses to issue any letter mentioning my job duties or hours per week citing legal reasons. The only letter they can issue is something which states my designation, salary, date(s) of employment in Canada and work location. Along with my applications, I had submitted my pay stubs (to prove my weekly hours), and a letter issued by my company while petitioning for my work permit. I have an email from my HR manager stating that no such letter can be issued

Can any of the seniors in this forum provide some input on how I should proceed in this situation. The irony is that this request comes after my MR and GCMS notes stating eligibility "Passed"

Splendor

Did u receive RPRF and biodata. Or u just received MR.

cantomblrappl

Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Hi Splendor,

How old was your employment letter? was is dated way back or within the year you applied. Please provide info

thanks

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
The letter from my company was dated just a week before I applied. But that one did not contain my duties and work hours. I had another letter issued in 2011 to the Canadian embassy which contained my duties. That one I had submitted along with the application, with a explanation as to why a detailed letter could be provided

rgk

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ccp o
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
15 april 2014, RCMP spouse
AOR Received.
18 November 2013
Med's Request
15 april 2014
LANDED..........
May 22 2014
splendor said:
The letter from my company was dated just a week before I applied. But that one did not contain my duties and work hours. I had another letter issued in 2011 to the Canadian embassy which contained my duties. That one I had submitted along with the application, with a explanation as to why a detailed letter could be provided
How was everything ? Any news from CIC?
I'm in same boat, I just include reference letter for one year ago,and only salary and contract with out so much detail, and one letter from my ex manager full detail my job nd salary nd duration but without company head letter. I hope goes well. God bless us.

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
Hello All,

Just an update for all who are following this thread. I have received a " Ready for Visa" email today. My ECAS status has changed to Decision Made. The email that I sent to CIC, along with the supporting documents did the trick.

Rgds,

Splendor

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
splendor said:
Hello All,

Just an update for all who are following this thread. I have received a " Ready for Visa" email today. My ECAS status has changed to Decision Made. The email that I sent to CIC, along with the supporting documents did the trick.

Rgds,

Splendor
Glad that it worked. Congrats!

mady_1982

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 -RCMP Requested
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
@ splendor , firstly congratulations , all ur hardwork has payed off , i am happy for you , could you please share what reply u gave to the CIC email asking u employment letter , and what additional docs did u provide , please blank out ur personal details , this would really help many people who are in the same boat , happy holidays to you ,

regards

splendor

Nov 21, 2013
Here is the email that I had sent to CIC

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is XXX and this is with reference to my application for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class. My application number is XXX and UCI no. is XXXX. My date of birth is XXXX.

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving me an opportunity to provide documentary evidence regarding my employment with XXX.

With reference to your request for an employment letter – stating the duration of work, hours per week, position held, duties actually performed, physical work location and name and contact information of the HR personnel, I had sent in a query to my HR Profile Holding Manager in XXXX. The response, unfortunately, has not been very favorable. I have been told that XXXX, as a matter of HR and Legal policy, does not provide such reference letters to any employee - be it temporary foreign workers or XXXX regulars. There is a directive from XXXX Legal team that such letters cannot be provided. Also, there is no legal binding on XXXX or government regulation which would help me persuade them to furnish such a letter.

The only letter that could be provided is a letter (Marked as Exhibit 1 and attached in this email). This letter states my current position in XXXX, my start date (no end date is provided as I am still employed there), annual salary (excluding bonuses and extra time) and my work location. It also contains my HR manager’s name and contact information. She has confirmed to me that she would be more than willing to speak to you regarding this subject– should you chose to contact her via telephone.

After receiving this letter from her, I escalated the matter internally to higher management within XXXX, only to receive a similar response. This non-confidential mail communication I have had with my HR manager and the Leader ( XXXX leadership representative) is attached in this email and marked as Exhibit 2)

In absence of a favorable letter, to further present my case for permanent residency under the CEC, and to prove my eligibility under NOC 2171, I am also attaching the following documentary evidences. Although not concise, these documents cover all the requirements specified by you. The documents are,

1. On a special request, my project Delivery Manager, has agreed to speak to CIC and verbally confirm the details, if you think this is appropriate. An email mentioning her confirmation is attached and marked as Exhibit 3.

2. At the time of my work permit application, XXXX had furnished a letter to the Canadian Consulate in New Delhi. This letter enlists my duties as well as my NOC code. It is attached as Exhibit 4. The specific details are mentioned on page 2, paragraph 2 & 3 and are duly highlighted in the exhibit.

3. I am attaching, as Exhibit 5 and Exhibit 6, the work contracts that have been signed by me and XXXX. Exhibit 5 mentions my weekly work hours on page 1, paragraph 5 and is duly highlighted.

4. Pay stubs for the month of October 2013 and November 2013 are attached. My weekly hours are available for your reference on these pay stubs. This are marked asExhibit 7 and Exhibit 8.

5. An extract of my year to date timesheet which shows my YTD hours. The hours are separated by the different activities performed by me over the current year. Although internally confidential, this document is being shared with you as it does not contain any financial information that would be harmful to XXXX. It is marked as Exhibit 9.

6. As an overview of the day to day activities performed by me, I am also sharing some email communication had with my co-workers, clients and managers over the past year. This information again is non-confidential and is attached to this email as Exhibits 10-14.

At this juncture, I would like to request you to please consider these evidences satisfactory in further processing my application. With limited government regulation to back me on this subject, I would be unable to force XXXX to issue me an employment letter as per the format prescribed by you. I would urge you to speak/communicate with my HR Profile Holding Manager and/or Project Deliver Manager to clarify all your doubts. Their contact details are available in the respective exhibits and as confirmed by them, they would be more than happy to confirm things verbally.

I respectfully request a favorable consideration of my permanent residency application.

Kind regards,

bhopali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
splendor said:
Hello All,

Rgds,

Splendor
Splendor,

Many many wishes on your success !!! Glad to know that your efforts were worth.

Thanks for your inputs it will surely help members on this forum with similar situation.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A