+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible to claim 50 points? 3yr Candaian work experience + Work permit being renewed (LMIA exempt))

Markham2023

Jul 2, 2023
Hi guys, great pleasure to find this place! I've been working in Canada for 3 years with a work permit (LMIA exempted), it would expire in Sep 2023 but now renewal is being processed (law firm submitted the documents in June 2023, the renewal is for another 2 years, same position same employer). I'm comfortable that the position fit for NOC requirement, but I'm not sure if I need a separate job offer exactly stating the company would hire me after I obtain the PR. The employment letter, one of the document filed for work permit renewal purpose, has substantial information about myself and the continued position, is there a way to claim the 50 points without asking for a separate job offer? The company has already agreed to hire me for another 2 years. Thanks for your advice!

Markham2023

Jul 2, 2023
Hi guys, great pleasure to find this place! I've been working in Canada for 3 years with a work permit (LMIA exempted), it would expire in Sep 2023 but now renewal is being processed (law firm submitted the documents in June 2023, the renewal is for another 2 years, same position same employer). I'm comfortable that the position fit for NOC requirement, but I'm not sure if I need a separate job offer exactly stating the company would hire me after I obtain the PR. The employment letter, one of the document filed for work permit renewal purpose, has substantial information about myself and the continued position, is there a way to claim the 50 points without asking for a separate job offer? The company has already agreed to hire me for another 2 years. Thanks for your advice!
By the way, I'm an intra-company transferee, I'm working on this full-time job for 3 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, you need a job offer letter that states they will continue to employ you for a year after PR.