+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibilty Verifiaction-URGENT-PLEASE HELP!!

sarob5

Mar 15, 2013
I have received a message in my CIC account titled 'eligibility verification' asking me to confirm the school I am attending in Canada. The problem is I am not a student, its the International Experience Canada visa I have conditional acceptance for and a year's work permit I have applied for through CIC. It says I have 14 days to complete the questions but they do not apply to me. I'm worried this will affect my application. Was this message sent to me by mistake or do I just ignore it because its not relevant to me? I'm really worried this will affect my application going through if I don't fill the form out but I can't because the only option it gives me is to select my Canadian college.

Has this happened to anyone else that you can shed some light on what to do?? Please help!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send them a letter and write that there must be a mistake because you are applying for the 1 year working holiday program, not for a student visa.

sarob5

Mar 15, 2013
Do you mean a physical letter? Because I've emailed both CIC and the Canadian embassy in London but heard nothing back. I think a physical letter might be too time consuming to send as I'd be sending it all the way from Northern Ireland. So stressed and don't know what to do!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it were me, I would send a physical letter too, express and registered mail. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get there. Just in case they are not reading your emails.

sarob5

Mar 15, 2013
Thanks, I will. Any idea of the address of immigration in Canada? They make it so hard for you to be able to contact anyone :-(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarob5 said:
Thanks, I will. Any idea of the address of immigration in Canada? They make it so hard for you to be able to contact anyone :-(
Where did you send your application? In the letter where they say you have 14 days to reply, they only give you an email address?

sarob5

Mar 15, 2013
A message came to my CIC account called eligibility verification and when I went into it it asks me to answer questions about the college I am attending in Canada. It has a drop down menu format and no option for not applicable. The instructions at the beginning said I have 14 days to complete and submit it. I just emailed the question@cic.gc.ca email that is found on the website. Just worried it will effect me getting the work permit but don't know how to resolve it :-(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarob5 said:
A message came to my CIC account called eligibility verification and when I went into it it asks me to answer questions about the college I am attending in Canada. It has a drop down menu format and no option for not applicable. The instructions at the beginning said I have 14 days to complete and submit it. I just emailed the question @ cic.gc.ca email that is found on the website. Just worried it will effect me getting the work permit but don't know how to resolve it :-(
Does the message with the questions allow you to write your own message or upload documents or is it only check marks and drop down lists? If you have the option of writing some text into the message, you should do it there. If you can upload, you should upload your statement there that you are applying for a working holiday, not study permit.

sarob5

Mar 15, 2013
Unfortunately not. When I click on it it just produces questions and answers drop down menu. So frustrating!

sarob5

Mar 15, 2013
I got sorted. CIC got back to me and said if it didn't apply to me then just disregard it. My happiness is restored once more :) Thanks for trying to help Leon :)

rock_khan

Jul 2, 2011
Kuwait
Visa Office......
London.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/09
Doc's Request.
5/5/10
IELTS Request
N/R
Med's Request
7/1/13
Med's Done....
20/1/13
Interview........
19/11/12
Passport Req..
26/07/13
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/13
LANDED..........
23/09/13
Such kind of questions are answerable for those on whom it applies !