+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility to apply for visa using current work permit

anns

Oct 1, 2012
Hi,

I am currently working for an Canadian company with a Work Permit valid till Apr 2016. But I returned to my home country and will be resigning my job by end of this month. But I am planning to return to Canada sometime in the near future and re-join the same company. Currently I don't have a valid visa. If that is the case am I eligible to apply for a visa to re-enter Canada using the current work permit.

Please hep.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anns said:
Hi,

I am currently working for an Canadian company with a Work Permit valid till Apr 2016. But I returned to my home country and will be resigning my job by end of this month. But I am planning to return to Canada sometime in the near future and re-join the same company. Currently I don't have a valid visa. If that is the case am I eligible to apply for a visa to re-enter Canada using the current work permit.

Please hep.

Thanks
You have to apply for a new TRV overseas with a copy of your work permit and proof you still have a job to go to.

anns

Oct 1, 2012
Thanks PMM for the reply !

I have another doubt. My husband will be travelling to Canada on ICT (TRV is yet to be processed). I can also process my TRV as his dependent, but only as a visitor. If I do that, will my Closed Work Permit become invalid?

Thanks

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
anns said:
Thanks PMM for the reply !

I have another doubt. My husband will be travelling to Canada on ICT (TRV is yet to be processed). I can also process my TRV as his dependent, but only as a visitor. If I do that, will my Closed Work Permit become invalid?

Thanks
You cannot hold 2 permits at a time, you either be a worker or a tourist so the answer is yes your work permit will be cancelled

anns

Oct 1, 2012
Thanks for the clarification.

If I get the visitor status, can I apply for the Open WP outside of Canada (from within India,).

Thanks.