+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility re opened

Queryquery

Jan 27, 2024
Hi. I received AIP and SA in May 2024. I was waiting for background checks and whenever I used to called ircc they would tell me that security and criminality not started.
I ordered gcms notes and to my surprise on June 2023 they are opened my eligibility for stage 1 review. Give them a call and they confirmed that my eligibility was completed and now it's in progress as well as security and criminality.
Should I be worried for my eligibility??
Why would be reopened it??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. I received AIP and SA in May 2024. I was waiting for background checks and whenever I used to called ircc they would tell me that security and criminality not started.
I ordered gcms notes and to my surprise on June 2023 they are opened my eligibility for stage 1 review. Give them a call and they confirmed that my eligibility was completed and now it's in progress as well as security and criminality.
I would be more worried about your file travelling back in time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The status of eligibility changes off and on during process, not predictably so. Change probably means it was moved to next level of approval for sign-off - although that's a bit reading-the-tea-leaves. Think of these status things as binaries like light switches that only have two states, and when someone touches something for a reason, it changes state.

At any rate, normal and nothing to worry about.