+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Question

aristotelian

Jul 1, 2022
Hello, we just submitted our Express Entry profile and we mentioned that we only have less than one year of Canadian experience. The score for Canadian Experience Class is 0, but I'm puzzled why in the section "What am I eligible for?", for the Canadian Experience Class, the column "Details" says "Met". Can anyone explain this? I don't want to receive an invitation based on CEC because we don't have 1 year of work history in Canada yet. Thanks

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
It seems to be a system glitch. It's happening to me and to several other members of this forum. I couldn't find a solution yet. Let's hope IRCC fixes it soon.

Deiniol

Nov 24, 2022
I went a step further. I received an ITA under CEC even though I'm eligible only for FSWo_O Сan anyone advise what to do?

Deiniol

Nov 24, 2022
Hi @aristotelian
no good news so far :(

I couldn't get through to them on the phone. Tried to call on Friday afternoon and today at 8 am. Both times I had to fight my way through a long telephone tree after which they didn't even add me to the call tree, just shrugged off saying that they get too many calls and suggested to call later.

It seems like I managed to narrow down what's causing CEC to be met. Any Canadian experience. Even when I entered that I started working at a Canadian company in November 2022, it put me into "CEC met" category. Did you input that you have from 1 to N months of Canadian experience too? Or is it something else what's causing the issue for you?

At first I thought if I deleted my account and created it again from scratch that could have solved the bug but according to my latest findings it won't. I don't think that it makes sense for me to decline the ITA anymore, because I'll be invited as CEC again. The only way to get not eligible for CEC is to hide the 6 months that I've been working for a Canadian company from my work history but it sounds like misrepresentation. So my current plan is just to gather documents to apply, and hope that they will either reply to my web form inquiry where I asked what to do or fix the issue in the next 56 days that my ITA is valid

Last edited:
Reactions: sarveshkalyan

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
The issue is the Canadian experience for me too (2 months). I believe I'll be invited on the next draw (my CRS is 491), I'm thinking if it's not simpler for me to just remove it from the Express Entry profile now and add it again on the final application. I'm not sure it would be misrepresentation if it's part of the final application, but I am no expert.

Reactions: Deiniol

Deiniol

Nov 24, 2022
@bslay235 oh adding it after ITA is actually a brilliant idea, thanks for sharing! I'm not sure if it would be a misrepresentation either, but definitely sounds interesting

aristotelian

Jul 1, 2022
@Deiniol Thanks very much for the update and I'm sorry that you haven't figured out how to fix this problem. Here are some thoughts:

1. Did you try both numbers I gave you? I would try calling maybe 2 times a day until someone can help you. Some days may be more quiet than others. I've called these numbers and were helped tremendously by the person on the other end.

2. I did put less than a year of Canadian experience. It's possible that that's what's causing the glitch. However, I wouldn't remove it from my profile simply because the glitch is not our mistakes. If we removed the less-than-a-year Canadian experience, we have not been completely forthcoming in our entry. So I would play by the rule instead and be completely honest. Let IRCC deal with their mistakes, but we shouldn't change our data to circumvent the glitches---this would be too risky, I think.

3. I probably wouldn't apply even after receiving the ITA, simply because I know that it is a glitch. We don't want a record in IRCC stating that we've applied for a PR although we were not eligible!

This website showed that people know about the glitches (hopefully IRCC is aware of them, too):

https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/express-entry-glitch-invited-some-ineligible-profiles-in-latest-draw/

Let's hope that IRCC will fix it soon. Keep us posted!

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
Hey @Deiniol, any news from IRCC?

I received a message from them saying that "While examining your application, we have noticed that the situation reported in your Web form request is now resolved.", which is not true, the issue is pretty much still there, I even tried to remove my Canadian experience and add it again, but no luck.

Reactions: Deiniol

Deiniol

Nov 24, 2022
Hi @aristotelian,

I tried both numbers but in the second one the bot says they don’t deal with anything related to the IRCC department and if you press on and select it in the phone tree, they just hang up.
I called the first one yesterday again, no success, I will continue calling them a few times a day it I think.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on removing Canadian experience from the profile. You planted a seed of doubt in my head about that approach:)
You're right, since the glitch is on them, it's they who should redress it but they don't seem to bother. Of course it would be better if they fix it, but I think if I fail to get ahold of them in the next few days and they don't fix the issue, I will fix it myself using the approach @bslay235 suggested before the next EE draw.

A few words regarding being dishonest. I'm not sure about this, the key is to not mention Canadian experience only before the ITA and add it afterwards. They don't even check your profile before the ITA, so by the time that a real person will check our applications, the Canadian experience will be there. In case they will have any questions, we can always comment that we've done it because they haven't fixed the issue on time in LOE. Moreover, I've seen multiple people saying that if we don't claim points for some experience it's perfectly valid to not mention it in the EE profile and mention it only in the personal history that is to be provided after the ITA. So I'm inclined to think that's it's not that big of a deal not to mention Canadian experience before ITA.

I'm not encouraging anyone to do this way, but I'm leaning towards going it myself. Perhaps I bustle too much and I'm going to make the wrong choice, but skipping EE draws and delaying getting PR because of their issue knowing how to fix it seems to me not the best next step. Especially taking into account that I had a borderline number of points - 491. Points cut-off can always go higher

Last edited: