+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility of Software Test Engineers under EE2015

Jsk09

Nov 23, 2014
Hi,
I would like to know in Express Entry system, whether categorization will be based on NOC or Skill sets of the applicant, be it in the application filing state or in Selection process of Talent Pool stage?

If NOC is the answer. I would like to know whether Software Test Engineers who have Manual Testing experience or Automation or both, really fall under NOC 2173 ? As per duties mentioned in NOC 2173, none of the points correlate to what test engineer does, except a small word for Testing. NOC 2283 excatcly matches, but i dont think it is eligible under EE2015. Please advice whether a Test Engineer with vast experience in Testing complex systems or applications with Engineering graduation (C.S.E or other streams), can still fit in to NOC 2173 for this EE 2015?

Under EE 2015, under NOC2173 category for Stage1 assessment(Selection in Talent Pool), whether Testers stand any chance if they are compared against candidates with other job titles(Like Developers, Architects,etc), rather than skill based comparision between Testers itself?

Thanks & Regards,
Jsk

Nov 27, 2014
Hello J,
I am having same question as you do.As I am having Software Testing experience in manual + Automation.Please let me know if you come across anything.
Actually I wanted to apply under FSWP but I missed it as it was filled up by the time I got my IELTS.
FYI I have consulted some frnz and I am told that for testing its difficult to get a call for job in Canada.And in Express Entry there will be less chance for Testers or it may not be as they have not mentioned clearly that they are going to consider QA profiles.But if you have already got your WES done then its valid for 5 years.So if anything comes after EE it can be utilise at that time.
But still wait for EE and lets see what it is exactly.Finger Crossed !!

Nov 27, 2014
in addition to my previuos post..I got a gold information,if we have testing experience in HADOOP or RUBY then we can expect to be in the top ranking profilers.

Jsk09

Nov 23, 2014
Lucky you, but i dont have that skillset as i am from Telecom Mobile Application Testing. Regarding the core dilemma of whether Software Test Engineers can fit under 2173, which is the only gateway for eligibility under EE2015, have you got your reference letter from your employer with all responsibilities matching with that specified in 2173. If yes, whether it looks like a developers responsibilities now or a testers?

If all Test Engineers are welcome with their core testing functions under 2173, we can atleast go ahead with Express Entry system and can rely on our luck, how our candidature fares against others.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Me too a Software tester with 4+ yrs of experience testing client server and web applications, what are the chances of Job offer in Canada?

Thanks

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more query, my spouse is a Java developer with 4+yrs of exp, can I apply her profile as primary candidate, are there any more chances of getting my profile shortlisted based on the dependent one..which will carry better option and weightage?pls clarify.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Me too Software Tester with 4 yrs of Manual testing exp in client server and web based applications, I think testers fall into 2283 category and not 2173.

Thanks
Sathya

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi JSK09,

Why do you think NOC-2283 is not eligible for EE?

Thanks

rnethula

Jan 16, 2015
I do not understand why do u people think NOC - 2283 is not eligible for EE -2015. I have checked the website and it still shows 2283.

Can somebody clarify on this with correct information .

walesege

Jan 5, 2015
NOC 2283 is valid for EE , All ICT testing jobs are included in this job description. (i.e telecoms, software and any other computer related testing job)

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay. If your job matches a NOC Code then you have a fair chance of getting an ITA. You knowing Ruby, Python or Perl doesn't matter. Hadoop is in demand yes good job on knowing how to use map and reduce but no you are no different. You will not get a preferred pick. There are more than enough programmers here. You will get ITA in EE but not because you know some niche language but because your score is high enough.