+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility change for express entry. How is this possible? Can you be eligible for CEC only on express entry?

Fipsy

Aug 4, 2022
I opened an express entry account early this year and I was eligible for FSW and CEC (I have more than one year of experience in Canada). There was an update on my account on August 1st and it says I am only eligible for CEC. Is it possible to be eligible for CEC and not FSW??? CRS score of 438. Can someone please share more light on this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I opened an express entry account early this year and I was eligible for FSW and CEC (I have more than one year of experience in Canada). There was an update on my account on August 1st and it says I am only eligible for CEC. Is it possible to be eligible for CEC and not FSW??? CRS score of 438. Can someone please share more light on this?
So do you have 67 points to be eligible for FSW?

Fipsy

Aug 4, 2022
I opened this account on March 10 and I met FSW. On May 1st, I met the CEC, which is expected because I completed a one-year contract in Canada. and since then I met both CEC and FSW. I checked my profile at the beginning of July 2022 and I met both FSW and CEC.
Now there was a status change in August and I only met CEC. I have been trying to call IRCC to get the clarification with no success. Can anyone please help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I opened this account on March 10 and I met FSW. On May 1st, I met the CEC, which is expected because I completed a one-year contract in Canada. and since then I met both CEC and FSW. I checked my profile at the beginning of July 2022 and I met both FSW and CEC.
Now there was a status change in August and I only met CEC. I have been trying to call IRCC to get the clarification with no success. Can anyone please help?
Without knowing your full profile (valid IELTS scores, valid ECAs, age, NOC)…can’t comment. How do you have 79?

Reactions: scylla

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well I used this link for the calculation
https://www.siaimmigration.com/fsw-67point-calculator
valid IELTS scores, Reading- 7.5, listening-8.0, speaking 7.5, writing 6.5
Highest Degree- Ph.D.
years of experience: More than a year in Canada and less than a year outside Canada
age-33
NOC-4012
You need a year of continuous, full time, skilled work experience outside Canada to be eligible for FSW. Always use IRCC sites.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Reactions: Fipsy

Fipsy

Aug 4, 2022
Thank you for that clarification.
Thank you for the clarification.
Sorry if I am asking too much. Can you please comment on why I met the eligibility for FSW before and then it changed?
Thank you in anticipation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for that clarification.

Thank you for the clarification.
Sorry if I am asking too much. Can you please comment on why I met the eligibility for FSW before and then it changed?
Thank you in anticipation.
I don’t know as you were not eligible. IRCC must have done a recalculation and realized you were not eligible, hence the status change. The rules are clear.

Reactions: Fipsy