Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
WOW this is alot to figure out.. so glad we can help each other. Here is my story.. I (the Sponsor) is getting a divorce from my canadian husband. How soon after can I marry my future husband from Egypt? Should we apply for a Outland or Inland? If he is here can he work under the Inland? Which is the fastest? Can he visit and still apply for a Outland?
There are so many different was to go about this but we want the easiest and quickest ( as we all do) so any advise would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
http://immipedia.ca/Overseas_vs_In_Canada

If your Canadian husband previously sponsored you to come to Canada, you can expect a significant delay while they investigate whether that previous marriage was one of convenience.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Agrees with the other posters, if you are a sponsored PR yourself, then expect an interview and lots of questions.

You can marry your boyfriend as soon as your divorce is legal. To apply Inland, your partner will have to be in Canada and I doubt he will get a visitor visa to come to Canada. If he does get a visitor visa and you do apply Inland, he will not be able to work or have any medical coverage until you reach First Stage Approval. This can take anything from 8 months to 2 years, if an interview is required and there is a good chance you will have an interview. There is also no appeal route if you fail.

Applying Outland, is faster and will mean your partner can continue working etc. although you will be apart. You can also appeal, should your application fail.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no I am a canadian sponsoring my boyfriend from egypt, my ex never sponsored me. If we apply for Outland then he has to stay in Egypt but we can be married just apart, correct? how long is the outand take?

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If we apply for Outland can he come to Canada to visit and visa versa? If so how often?

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
KSCM said:
no I am a canadian sponsoring my boyfriend from egypt, my ex never sponsored me. If we apply for Outland then he has to stay in Egypt but we can be married just apart, correct? how long is the outand take?
Well, I remember reading your first post earlier, and there was an indication that you were sponsored. Did you edit the post? I am asking because it seems that every replier got the same impression.

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
matthewc said:
http://immipedia.ca/Overseas_vs_In_Canada

If your Canadian husband previously sponsored you to come to Canada, you can expect a significant delay while they investigate whether that previous marriage was one of convenience.
matthew
Because we value your replies and knowledge in this forum, we are scared now. We can be in the same boat.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/unusual-question-before-submission-t55706.0.html

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no sorry just the way it sounds.. I am a canadian and getting a divorce from my canadian husband we have been separated for a while and not i am going through with the divorce. I didn't know if there was a waiting period from one marriage to the other.
I want to marry my boyfriend from Egypt and sponsor him but I'm not to sure what to apply for Inland or Outland? what really is the difference from Inland and outland? I understand Inland more but Outland I have some questions like, Can we be married? Can he visit Canada and I visit Egypt? How long does Outland take? Can he be here on a visitors visa? any infomation can help?
thanks