+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Egypt Spousal Sponsorship

Papyrus2020

Jan 21, 2020
Hi!

This is for spousal sponsorship. Regarding the marriage certificate, I had the original translated at the Ministry of Justice. So, the original arabic certificate is stapled to the translation that was done. Please note that in the application it says to send a copy of the marriage certificate and not the original.

My question: Do I send the original that is stapled to the translation with the application? Or do I send a copy of the original and translation?

Thank you for your help!

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Did you have it translated in Canada or in Egypt?
I had mine translated to English in Qatar but those were not acceptable so I had to have them translated here by a certified translator.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
I had mine translated to English in Qatar but those were not acceptable so I had to have them translated here by a certified translator.
by "here" I mean in Canada. Each translation was accompanied by an affidavit indicating the contents were truthfully translated or something along those lines.

Papyrus2020

Jan 21, 2020
Had the marriage certificate translated in Egypt at the Ministry of Justice

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Had the marriage certificate translated in Egypt at the Ministry of Justice
Oh maybe that would be acceptable. I think if it is done by an official body it should be fine, but sorry, I am not entirely sure. I would check and see if the guide has anything about that. My sister married in Jordan and they had it translated by the government and it was also accepted when she sponsored her husband to come here. So i think yours is acceptable!

Papyrus2020

Jan 21, 2020
Oh maybe that would be acceptable. I think if it is done by an official body it should be fine, but sorry, I am not entirely sure. I would check and see if the guide has anything about that. My sister married in Jordan and they had it translated by the government and it was also accepted when she sponsored her husband to come here. So i think yours is acceptable!
The concern is not about whether the translation will be accepted or not. My concern is about whether I should send in the original with the translation or a copy of both (original arabic and translation)? Keep in mind that that they ask for copies not the original. Thanks.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
The concern is not about whether the translation will be accepted or not. My concern is about whether I should send in the original with the translation or a copy of both (original arabic and translation)? Keep in mind that that they ask for copies not the original. Thanks.
Sorry lol.
Copies always. We did not send any originals. Just certified copies.

Papyrus2020

Jan 21, 2020
So the copy that you sent was stamped on as in it was not a copy of the certified copy? The reason I ask this is because the original and translation are stapled together. Thanks again.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
So the copy that you sent was stamped on as in it was not a copy of the certified copy? The reason I ask this is because the original and translation are stapled together. Thanks again.
That's right. It was a copy of the original (a certified copy of the original) accompanied by the official translation. So all of the copies we sent were stamped by the translator and were CERTIFIED COPIES OF THE ORIGINAL. This is the terminology they use.

I sent no actual ORIGINAL copies. We kept all original copies with us.

Hope this helps more and does not confuse you more! lol.

Papyrus2020

Jan 21, 2020
That's right. It was a copy of the original (a certified copy of the original) accompanied by the official translation. So all of the copies we sent were stamped by the translator and were CERTIFIED COPIES OF THE ORIGINAL. This is the terminology they use.

I sent no actual ORIGINAL copies. We kept all original copies with us.

Hope this helps more and does not confuse you more! lol.
No Worries :D Yeah, that's clear. In my case, unfortunately, I would have to send the original with the official translation as they are stapled together. I don't have a certified copy unfortunately.

Thank you!

Reactions: Nadster85