+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

xumbrega

May 26, 2015
paw339 said:
When I read some of the comments on this tread I can't believe how some people have an incredibly self centred entitled attitude. Reading these comments just makes me think Canada has made a mistake with Bill C24 and should have made the time period to qualify for citizenship even longer just to get rid of those who obviously have no real love for Canada, just the passport.
I hate bill C-24 because this crap will delay my move to the US a little further more. Once I get the passport, I'm out of here. Only crazy people can put up with Canadian weather and its taxes.
By the way, I'm doing a campaign against these conservatives idiots, I have at least 3 friends that are new Canadian citizens that I already convinced to vote against them.
Welcome to the real life, nobody wants to stay in Canada and people only come here because they live in 3rd world countries and they would do anything to get the hell out of there.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
paw339 said:
When I read some of the comments on this tread I can't believe how some people have an incredibly self centred entitled attitude. Reading these comments just makes me think Canada has made a mistake with Bill C24 and should have made the time period to qualify for citizenship even longer just to get rid of those who obviously have no real love for Canada, just the passport.
totally agree

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
neutral said:
Yeah, in fact it should be 4/5 or 5/6 instead of 4/6 ;D
If you live here permanently, what's the problem....
I Agree

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
How about 14 out of 15? That would be even better!

ari5323 said:

Mar 13, 2015
xumbrega said:
I hate bill C-24 because this crap will delay my move to the US a little further more. Once I get the passport, I'm out of here. Only crazy people can put up with Canadian weather and its taxes.
By the way, I'm doing a campaign against these conservatives idiots, I have at least 3 friends that are new Canadian citizens that I already convinced to vote against them.
Welcome to the real life, nobody wants to stay in Canada and people only come here because they live in 3rd world countries and they would do anything to get the hell out of there.
Your words just melt our hearts! To Xumbrega I hereby bestow the Future Citizens of Inconvenience Award, aka the Ted Cruz Award.

Canadian-bored [sic], Cuban-American Rafael Eduardo Ted Cruz may well have become the godfather of the Canadians of Inconvenience League, when he paid the nominal citizenship renunciation fee, submitted the form and only one photograph to the CIC, and patiently awaited the process of de-Canadianisation, upon which he declared that he "is pleased to have the process finalized" and that it "makes sense he should be only an American citizen." He was not subjected to any "4 out of 6" requirement.

Now Rafael is free to become a leader of the United States and/or Cuba. If ever (by failure to become a President of Convenience), he should decide to renounce his renunciation of Canadian citizenship, then I hope that the CIC will review any such application with due skepticism. At any rate, I extend an open invitation to Rafael, to visit our humble chat room, and to air his views and grievances as to the trials and tribulations of the Canadian of Inconvenience!

But wait, Xumbrega, there's more! Please at least wipe your feet, prior to treading upon the red carpet, welcoming you to the "States", which we have rolled out, just for you! We trust that you will find our Stateside accommodations satisfactory, and that you will not neglect to post such sentiments on Yelp.

But wait, there's even more, if you order within the next 4 out of 6 years! You do not need Canadian citizenship, in order to live, work, frolic and play in the primary world "States". You may elect to forego your application for Canadian citizenship altogether, thus allowing the CIC to process the application of a good faith future Canadian, in lieu of yours.

Please remember not to slam the revolving door on your way out of Canada!

Enjoy the sunshine and the moonshine, and don't forget to write, perhaps while waiting in an unemployment line, down south, in the "States".

As we say in our alternate medium of convenience "Bonjour! Bon Voyage!, et Bon Débarras!"

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
xumbrega said:
If acquiring the Canadian citizenship is what is stopping you from leaving the country, I say let's make a huge campaign to CIC to give you these papers ASAP so we can get rid of you. Good riddance.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Bigudi said:
If acquiring the Canadian citizenship is what is stopping you from leaving the country, I say let's make a huge campaign to CIC to give you these papers ASAP so we can get rid of you. Good riddance.
I agree every word you said.
here i bring again a post i posted 10 days ago, and let me paste it here again :

My Dear fellow friends ,
I grow up in a different country and I wanted to immigrate to Canada.
The reason I wanted Canada is because it is a blessed state, nice cool people, democratic system,
And much more.
I did not think for a fraction of a second that Canada owes me something, I knew that I can apply my papers, and if the Canadian people that chose their government/parliament want , only than I will get my PR to live and work in Canada.

I am so thankful for the Canadian people/government for letting me to be a part of Canada, and as a humble guest I say thank you for everything they do/give me, I am a happy camper, I pay my taxes, and I pray to God every day for the peace of Canada.

My kids and grandkids, if they may or/will have constructive criticism , as a democratic state will say their saying at the election, but, as per me I find it very hard to say something against the Canadian people/government. I can not thank them enough.

I know its only 2-3 bad apples, and all the thousand of the members here, are thankful as me, and they are talking in a nice positive way only, ( a few of them above me wrote very nice clear and constructive) but I had it enough

I think that I am lucky to apply my papers with the old law, and I will submit my application at the end of June 2015.

I wish my dear fellow friends to be lucky as well and be able to apply their citizenship papers with the old/easy laws.
With this I rest my case,
I love you all, and good luck with your new life at your new warm home Canada

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
ari5323 said:
Let me guess, you already got your citizenship? If not, and they make it like 10 out of 12 years residence requirement, are you OK with that?

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
If
-there is no jobs in my field
-there is better education and society in another country
-there is more respect,love and peace in another city/country.

So yeah.Of course I might consider moving elsewhere after getting my passport.Why? because that is better.

Meanwhile in Canada,
-there is less manufacturing than last year/decade/week/month,according to the news and latest reports.
-there is the same education given in the US.In europe,education is even better in some countries.
-there is "love,respect,and peace" but we do not know how "Real" they are.

Ducks are not going to give me a job.Land is not going to educate me and my children.

People who flee from war or something else of course love Canada because there is no danger for them.Therefore they might accept living under 'certain' conditions.But not everyone has the same plan for the future...

Dual citizens should keep in mind that the CIC might get rid of you(those non-canada borns) in the future because you have 2 passports.So brace yourselves.Don`t trust the constitution and the government ( BillC24 gives them the power to do so)

ottomancan

May 8, 2015
Hello guys can we focus on the date and the information we get? If you guys like to discuss about how good is Canada or how bad it is, you can open a new topic for it. Here please lets share the information about Bill C-24.

Thanks lots to everyone and good luck...

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
buddhaB said:
If
-there is no jobs in my field
-there is better education and society in another country
-there is more respect,love and peace in another city/country.

So yeah.Of course I might consider moving elsewhere after getting my passport.Why? because that is better.
Yes, of course. The search for happiness cannot be restricted by political borders, as I always say. Go be happy wherever it suits you. That's what we all did, right? Coming to Canada? I agree with that much.

buddhaB said:
Meanwhile in Canada,
-there is less manufacturing than last year/decade/week/month,according to the news and latest reports.
-there is the same education given in the US.In europe,education is even better in some countries.
-there is "love,respect,and peace" but we do not know how "Real" they are.
- I don't know about manufacturing. My field is great in Canada. Way better than US.
- I think even trying to compare the education of Canada with the education of US is, to say the least, naive. The only part of education of US that is better is the Ivy League. And I really don't think that's where it makes any difference to raise a child. Specially considering that you can ingress into the Ivy League if you want, having complete a graduation program in Canada.
- [there is "love,respect,and peace" but we do not know how "Real" they are] Nor we will ever know in any place of this planet.

Long story short, I do believe we should seek what we want, no matter where it is. I just think it is unpolite to step on a country that your are eager to get the citizenship for one reason or another.
We all have different goals and different values.
We all know what is important to ourselves and that's what we should pursue. Canada is far away from being a perfect country, but it is an AWESOME country. Some European northern countries have a better HDI, for example, but in the end they are all part of the same sinking ship.
US... well... US is US. No need to point the bad parts of it.
Yes, for me "ducks" and "landscapes" are a huge part of quality of life, although I totally understand that others might not feel the same way.
So... I hope you get what you want, friend. And let's all be happy.
8)

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
You know what? The new law might even not be enforced this year. Maybe January 1st, like the fees.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
ZingyDNA said:
Let me guess, you already got your citizenship? If not, and they make it like 10 out of 12 years residence requirement, are you OK with that?

No, I havn not got my Citizenship. not yet,

actually today my lawyer told me to come tomorrow to sign the papers.
I am happy to become a Canadian citizen, I love canada, and I hate the people that are cheating the system and want just the passport,
when I see those cheating people, I know why Canada changed the old law.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Bigudi said:
You know what? The new law might even not be enforced this year. Maybe January 1st, like the fees.
the anouncment will be in June, the implementation on July. my guess