+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect of being Ineligible due to sponsorship bar on spousal sponsorship

AMANS88

Mar 14, 2017
Hi, I submitted the application to sponsor my husband recently. I got a letter from CIC stating that I am ineligible to sponsor as I became PR in MAY 2013. But they said they will forward my application to the visa officer but my ineligibility will have a significant effect. I wanted to ask would they reject my application right away or is there some hope?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hi, I submitted the application to sponsor my husband recently. I got a letter from CIC stating that I am ineligible to sponsor as I became PR in MAY 2013. But they said they will forward my application to the visa officer but my ineligibility will have a significant effect. I wanted to ask would they reject my application right away or is there some hope?
If you were sponsored by your last partner, then you have a five year bar on sponsoring a new one. If you became a PR in May 2013, the earliest you can sponsor someone is May 2018.

You have no prospect of sponsoring your partner, as you are not eligible for another (just under a) year.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You should have checked the box to withdrawal your app if found ineligible to sponsor, not to forward on to visa office.

There is absolutely no chance you will be approved. You will just waste the processing fee only to be rejected several months later.

You should withdraw your app immediately, and hopefully they will refund your fees. Re-apply when you aren't affected by the 5-year sponsorship bar.

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
If you were sponsored by your last partner, then you have a five year bar on sponsoring a new one. If you became a PR in May 2013, the earliest you can sponsor someone is May 2018.

You have no prospect of sponsoring your partner, as you are not eligible for another (just under a) year.
Unfortunately. There's a 5 year period before you can sponsor someone. it's better to withdraw and you can try again within a year from now, literally.