+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE with non accompanying spouse

Kumar35823

Jul 26, 2021
Hello all,
I need suggestions applying for PR.
This is my case
I am married currently in canada with pgwp extended to next year October.
My wife is also with me in canada on sowp valid until end of this year.still need to apply for extension to match mine
I have 2 yrs of Canadian experience and my pr points including spouse are 464 and without her are 497. I don't think they are going to take a draw with 464 anytime soon
Can I first apply without including her and then sponsor her once I get my pr?
Any advises suggestions....

Anyone tried it recently and outcomes?
Thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I guess - since your spouse is already in Canada, it might become difficult to justify as to why she is marked as un-accompanying. I am not an expert though and suggest you wait for others to reply/do thorough research before you arrive at any conclusion.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I guess - since your spouse is already in Canada, it might become difficult to justify as to why she is marked as un-accompanying. I am not an expert though and suggest you wait for others to reply/do thorough research before you arrive at any conclusion.
There are some cases on this forum where people successfully went the non-accompanying route: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ee-with-non-accompanying-spouse-who-is-already-in-canada-on-sowp.617945/post-9234576

I didn't find cases of refusals in the last few years. Definitely worth talking to a RCIC in this case though.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yep people do it, however as I mentioned, OP might need a very strong reason. Just a guess.
100%. I believe that OP should talk to a RCIC before making this decision. I saw an old post of yours where you mentioned that non-accompanying spouse in Canada + no LOEs were getting rejections.

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
100%. I believe that OP should talk to a RCIC before making this decision. I saw an old post of yours where you mentioned that non-accompanying spouse in Canada + no LOEs were getting rejections.
I am 29. Turning 30 this june. I will submit my APR in May. My spouse is non accompanying as he did not give ielts. He is planning to give ielts in July due to some reason. Then I will be adding him as accompanying. I know that crs will be recalculated and his ielts score should maintain my crs score. My question is will the crs recalculation also recalculate my AGE? Because after june, my age points will drop as i will be 30.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My spouse is non accompanying as he did not give ielts. He is planning to give ielts in July due to some reason. Then I will be adding him as accompanying.
You could've added your spouse even without IELTS. I added mine in my EE profile. This doesn't make sense.

I am 29. Turning 30 this june. I will submit my APR in May. My spouse is non accompanying as he did not give ielts. He is planning to give ielts in July due to some reason. Then I will be adding him as accompanying. I know that crs will be recalculated and his ielts score should maintain my crs score. My question is will the crs recalculation also recalculate my AGE? Because after june, my age points will drop as i will be 30.
I am not sure if you can change your spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying after submitting application. I've seen people update IRCC for marriage/divorce, but I've not seen this case. There are those who changed accompanying to non-accompanying post ITA before submitting their application.

In your case, you added your spouse as non-accompanying simply because he didn't gave IELTS - while your intent was to migrate with them. You need a LOE that could convince IRCC that there were genuine changes in your conditions for which your spouse will now accompany you.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
You need to give a strong reason first for non-accompanying spouse then another strong LOE for spouse accompanying. It is at the officer's discretion to accept in both the cases and not having/having IELTS is not reason enough for both cases.

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
You could've added your spouse even without IELTS. I added mine in my EE profile. This doesn't make sense.

I am not sure if you can change your spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying after submitting application. I've seen people update IRCC for marriage/divorce, but I've not seen this case. There are those who changed accompanying to non-accompanying post ITA before submitting their application.

In your case, you added your spouse as non-accompanying simply because he didn't gave IELTS - while your intent was to migrate with them. You need a LOE that could convince IRCC that there were genuine changes in your conditions for which your spouse will now accompany you.
My question is when they recalculate the crs score after I add my husband, do they recalculate my score totally including my age which would have gone down by 5 points by then? Or Age is fixed on the day I submit APR?

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
You need to give a strong reason first for non-accompanying spouse then another strong LOE for spouse accompanying. It is at the officer's discretion to accept in both the cases and not having/having IELTS is not reason enough for both cases.
My question is when they recalculate the crs score after I add my husband, do they recalculate my score totally including my age which would have gone down by 5 points by then? Or Age is fixed on the day I submit APR?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Age of primary applicant gets locked in at ITA (read the IRCC documents on that). But, I wouldn't rely on this alone, talk to an actual RCIC and pay them for their expertise. You are already operating on so many exceptions here. Might as well pay someone for an hour (it's cheap) and get all your answers.

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
Age of primary applicant gets locked in at ITA (read the IRCC documents on that). But, I wouldn't rely on this alone, talk to an actual RCIC and pay them for their expertise. You are already operating on so many exceptions here. Might as well pay someone for an hour (it's cheap) and get all your answers.
Thanks

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Age does not get change other aspects of CRS does which is what you need to worry about more including the reason to change from non accompanying to accompanying.

St.Jesudas

Nov 27, 2023
Based on my research - A spouse in Canada non accmpanying due to CRS points not being enough is a very safe and valid reason. if you make up some excuse for spouse non accompanying it becomes difficult to justify sponsorship later